Rollercoaster

~Rollercoaster~

~
I woke up in so much pain.

I had been waking up in pain like this ever since I got here...tomorrow was my birthday.

But honestly I don't know if I would live to see tomorrow. Every time I slept was a gambling act of if I woke up.

I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to leave. But how would I find the strength to aparate.

Just then Kit looked at me. He looked like he was dying too. They hadn't touched him but he was feeling everything I felt. Animals are like that sometimes.

If not for myself then for someone or something else. I would get us out of here. So he could have a better life. It may sound silly but he was giving me reason enough to do what needed to be done.

I was wearing the same clothes I wore here because I haven't had the strength to change.

I managed to gather a couple things off the floor, Put Kit on my bag, and laid my head on the bag. Barely muttering the spell to be sent back to hogwarts.

My eyes were tiredly closed but I was still awake. I felt hands on my body try to shake me and get me to acknowledge that I was awake, but I didn't want to be awake. I wanted to disappear. Then I heard it.

"Oh my god..." it was Snape. He was here. The voice made me so happy. Those long days at my foster family's house made me really miss him.

I felt him scoop me up. I opened my eyes lightly seeing someone grab my stuff and a crying Kit. He was fighting to get to me. Dumbledore grabbed him and ran with Snape to Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh god. What happened?!" She instantly guided Snape to a bed for him to place on me.

She grabbed my arm to look at the bruises and cuts but I flinched and yanked my hand back.

"I'm sorry." Was the last thing I heard from her before she cast a spell to put me to sleep.

Before my eyes closed I felt a little fuzzball lay against my arm. We're gonna be ok now Kit.

❄️❄️❄️

I woke up. Feeling aweful. I barely managed to open my eyes. I was in different clothes now. Kit was still here on the bed with me.

"Y/n!! Your awake!!" Severus almost yelled beside me.

I couldn't get any words out. I just tiredly looked at my feet's general area.

"Can you heal yourself?" Dumbledore. He was here too I guess.

I hummed a raspy 'no' sound.

"Here drink this." Madam Pomfrey opened my mouth by pulling my chin down and dumped a vial liquid into my mouth.

I started getting more energy. The pain very present but I was more aware.

"How long was I out?"

"Two weeks. Happy late birthday by the way." Madam Pomfrey had a happy tone in her voice.

"Mmmmm." I felt fingers worm into my hand. Severus. He grabbed my had. His eyes looked so tired. Had he been taking care of himself the past month?

"Can you heal yourself now?" Dumbledore again. He wasn't gonna give it up I guess.

I slowly sit up with Snape's help.

My back against a head board. I did my best to heal me. It took longer to do this time but I managed. Now I just felt tired.

"What happened?" Madam Pomfrey said squating down putting a hand on my arm.

"My foster dad." The blood drained from their faces. "Can I talk to Snape alone please?"