Chapter 8

Avu was shocked. All were waiting for her answer.

Sid: Avu?

His voice showed fear. Fear of loosing her. He was frightened of her silence. She got in her senses. She made him leave her hand and ran away from there. Sid stood up. He was numb thinking did he make a mistake. Should he have not proposed her? Or she wasn't ready for a relationship? More than everything will she start hating her? Will he loose her forever even as a friend?

All employees and guests were murmuring. Some were giving sympathetic looks to Sid. Some were passing vitchy comments to Avu for not accepting the proposal.

Avu just ran outiside. She was processing what just happened. Tears came out of her. Jaanushka went behind her.

Jaan: Avu what happened?

Anu: Are you alright?

Avu wiped her tears quickly.

Avu: I am just tired. Don't worry. See you guys tomorrow

She quickly left from there. Jaanushka didn't understand what to do. They went inside. All their friends and Vibha were consoling him. He wasn't saying anything. Just standing expressionlessly.

Vaish: Sid dekho don't worry. Usne hnn nhi to na bhi nhi kha hai

Abhi: Exactly yrr. Don't give up so easily

Dev: Guys may be she was just shocked. All of a sudden. She must not have expected anything like this

Vi: Dekho Ashu it's ok beta. Tum usse baat kr lena shanti se

Jai gave him water.

Abhi: Aunty program end krde?

Vi just nodded slightly. Abhi signalled the host to announce the end of program. He did the same and everyone left making their own assumptions.

Jai brought a chair for Sid. He sat down. Sid held his head. Tears rolled down his cheeks which he was controlling from long. Vibha caressed his hair. He hugged her tightly crying his heart out. Everyone's heart was piercing seeing him like this except Vibha. She let him cry out. After he calmed down, she cupped his face and kissed his forhead. She wiped off his tears.

Vi: Dekho Ashu we aese chli gyi kuch baat hogi. Tum ek baar usse baat krna. Aur kya hua agar usne ek dum se hnn nhi kia. This was so unexpected for her. Atleast give her a little time to think about all this

Jaan: Dekho bawle aunty is right. You can talk to her calmly

Vaish: Sid you are one of the most strongest person I have ever seen and in our whole group also. Don't break like this. I am sure agar wo aese hi chli gyi to kuch reason hoga. Aur jitna mein usse janti hu na she is not a type of person who doesn't understand or listens to others

Abhi: Hnn Sid dekho ab shant ho jaoo aur usse araam se baat krna kal. Theek?

Sid nodded a bit. After sometime, all went to their respective homes. All were worried for Sidneet. Sid just locked himself in his room. Vibha didn't say anything as she knew he needed some alone time. And she knew his son was not so weak to take ahy wrong step.

Sid thought a lot about everything the whole night. He couldn't sleep. Avu running away after his proposal and everyone's words were running in his mind.

Finally in the morning, he got fresh and went out. He greeted Vibha. She smiled at him. He smiled back weakly.

Vi: Are you alright now?

Sid: Yes mom. I thought about everything and I guess I should talk to her once before concluding anything. If she needs time, I will give her. I will accept her decision wholeheartedly. Even if it's a no, I will respect her decision

Vi gave him a proud smile. He had his breakfast and went to office with same smile. All employees greeted him. His friends asked if he was alright and he replied positively.

His eyes were searching for one person but she wasn't there. He thought she might be late so waited for her. After sometime he went to his cabin and started working but his thoughts were revolving around her. Finally he could not wait any longer. He called at reception and asked about her.

R: Sorry sir but she is not at office today

Sid: Ok...thanks

He sighed sadly and cut the call. He got sad but didn't loose hope.

Sid: She might be busy. I will talk to her tomorrow

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter