Chapter 15

Avu: You guys always ask me why I don't go for parties or stay late. This is the reason, I can't leave my child alone. And why I don't allow anyone here. That's because I didn't want anyone to know about me. Secondly all people here think I am some slut or whore because of being a single mother at such a small age. And if any of you boys will come, they would start making their assumptions. Already people don't like me living here. No one ever talked to me in this neighborhood. None of them allow their kids to even go near Ishan

Tears rolled down her eyes. Sid was standing numb. It was something totally unexpected for him. He didn't know how to react at this. He just thought that she might not have feelings for him or was not ready for a relationship that's why she was behaving like this. But this was not something he ever thought. He never knew she was going through so much. He never thought she was hiding this. He was just staring at wall.

Avu: Even I scold him, take out my frustration on him thinking my life would have been far better without him but then I keep crying whole night. I can't. I just can't hate him

She got quite after that. She was sitting on floor by now with no emotions. She looked up.

Avu: Still you want my answer to be yes?

He looked at her and then walked out without a word. She broke down.

Avu: I knew it. I knew it. You are also like others. You gave me some hopes but...

She sobbed.

Avu: But I can't even blame you Sid. I accepted this reality years before. I have to live just for my son. I just have him. That's it

She felt someone wiping off her tear. She looked up and smiled.

Ish: Mommy why you crying? Did someone scold you. I will punch him. You say na I am strong

Avu gave out a wet chuckle. She took him in his lap and hugged him. She caressed his back and kissed on top of his head. She controlled herself.

Avu: Let me get fresh. Then we will have dinner. Ok?

Ish: Ok momma

He kissed her cheek. She smiled at him. She went in washroom and looked at her swollen eyes and puffy nose. Tears again made their way through her. She stripped off from her cloths and turned on shower. She closed her eyes and let the cold water flow down her naked body till she calmed. Though she used to remember her past every now and then but today she opened up in front of someone for first time. She needed some alone time.

After calming down, she wore her night suit and came out. She tied her hair in loose bun. Ish was waiting for her on dining table. He smiled at her. She smiled back and kissed his forehead. She set up the food. She took a bite and forwarded it towards him.

Ish: Mommy I am big boy now

He pouted. Avu chuckled.

Avu: But you will always be small baby for mommy. So can I feed you?

Ish thought for moment and nodded. Avu fed him. He took a bite and made her eat. They finished their dinner. Avu cleaned up everything. When she came in room, she saw him sitting on bed watching her phone. She shooked her head.

Avu: Ishu gimme my phone quickly. Chlo go brush your teeth. Or no story tonight

Ish: Okieeee

He handed Avu her phone and went to washroom. Avu set up the bed. Ish jumped on bed. Avu glared at him.

Avu: Ayeee. Behave

Ish: Hehe sowiee. Storyyyyy

He pouted cutely.

Avu: Yee coming

She switched off the lights and layed beside him. She told him some bedtime stories and after answering his multiple questions.

Avu: Ishu bass now, it's late. Be good baby and sleep. Phir kal aapka school bhi hai

Ish: Just one last....

Avu:(cuts him) No bass tomorrow

She sang a lullaby and patted his back. He slept in few minutes sucking his thumb and other hand fisted tightly. Avu removed his thumb from his mouth.

Avu's P.O.V.

So I lost Sid also. That's why I don't tell my past anyone. But I can't blame him. This was only expected. Anyone would have behaved same way. He is not wrong. But somewhere I thought he is different but my all hopes broke today. I won't be able to face him again. I know what to do. I know it's difficult but I don't have another choice. I have to do this. It's best for all.

P.O.V. ends

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter