Chapter 13

I knew who was it. I turned around and hugged him tightly. I couldn't control and broke down. He rubbed my back.

Ri: Avni what happened?

He asked in a worried voice. I didn't speak anything. I needed to cry out. And I knew he won't judge me or anything, I could cry out in front of him. I calmed down a bit and slowly broke the hug. He cupped my face.

Ri: Are you alright?

Fear was clear in his eyes. I nodded and wiped off my tears. I showed reports to him nervously. He read it and panicked. His hands were trembling. Sweat came on his forhead.

Ri: Wh...wha..what th..the h..hell is this? I..it's a prank right?

He looked at me with an expectation that I will say I was joking but no.

Avu: It's truth. You will support me right?

I said almost in tears. He just panicked and ran away throwing the reports. I called him but he didn't listen. He left me alone. I didn't what to do. I can't even blame him. How much it was his mistake, it was mine too. And we both were children at that time, how could I expect him to take responsibility of this child. A 17 years old kid is nothing.

I quitely came home and hid those reports. I had no idea what should I do. Few days passed. I became quite. I didn't talk to mom dad much. I even stopped talking to Reemie. Vacations were going on. So we didn't even go to school and I never saw him. I used to be lost in my thoughts most of the time. Mom dad were worried about me. Mom even said me two-three times that I don't even eat properly, why was my weight increasing. That scared me more.

One day I was sitting on my bed lost in my thoughts. Mom was cleaning my room and something felt down. I came out of my thoughts. She picked it up and read. Her eyes got widen and hands were trembling. I saw it was my reports. I got up and went towards her slowly. She looked at me and showed me reports. I gulped.

AM: Can I know what is this?

She asked gritting her teeths.

Avu: Mom I....

And I was cut off by a slap. I felt down on floor.

AM: Kya hai ye?

She shouted so loudly that dad came running to my room.

AD: Kya hua?

AM: Poochie apni iss ladli se

My mom handed him reports with teary eyes. I was lying down silently crying. They both were se disappointed it was visible. I knew I deserved it. They loved me, trusted me, fulfilled my every single wish and what I did. Spoiled their name, broke their trust. My dad who never let my mom raise even voice on me slapped me. But I knew I deserved it.

If they had beaten me up, I would haven't said anything but they abandoned me, threw me out of the home. I sat on bench of a park. I kept a hand on my stomach.

Avu: I hate you. I fucking hate you. Because of you. Just because of you I lost everything. My parents. My home. My boyfriend. You don't even deserve to see world. I hate you so much you asshole

I kept cursing that unborn soul for my condition. I didn't know what to do, where to go. In evening, it started raining heavily. I hugged myself and kept sobbing. Till I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up. She had an umbrella. In another hand she was holding something.

L: Beta kon ho tum? Aur iss mausam mein aese? Dekho beta ghar chale bimaar ho jaooge

I didn't know what to say. That I don't have a home or I just lost the privilege to call it my home or even enter inside.

L: Koi problem hai beta

I just shooked my head.

L: Dekho mein tumhari help kr skti hu. Par aese mausam mein iss tarah se bethna theek nhi hai

Avu: Ghar nhi hai mere paas

I said emotionlessly. L thought for a minute.

L: To aaoo mere saath

I looked at her. Atleast I knew not to go with a stranger but I guess she read my mind.

L: Dekho you don't need to be scared of me. I will tell you about myself. I am a part of a small group of social workers. We all don't have family. We help poor people with health, education and other basic needs. We raise funds by doing handicrafts, etc. We all live at a small place. But it's comfortable. You can live with us. We will provide you a separate room

I didn't know should I trust her or not but that time my heart said to trust her as if I had any other option. I went with her thinking "jo hoga dekha jaega". Even I didn't have anything to loose. My parents had abandoned me. Being a teenager, I was still crying over the fact, my boyfriend left me. I didn't have any place to go. So even if she killed me who cares. With these thoughts, I agreed to go with her.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter