★twenty one★

in the months after filming drew and abi didn't see each other often. they texted, called and facetimed daily but only managed to see each other in person every few weeks, which is why they were so excited to finally have a chance to spend some time together in the weeks before and after outer banks came out, beginning with a trip to meet abi's family, along with austin.

"before we get there i should probably explain my whole family situation first." abi said, as the three of them drove from the airport to her family home in miami, florida.

"so basically you guys both know i have 5 siblings?" they both nodded. "well this is a crash course."

"should we be taking notes?" austin joked. abi laughed.

"only if you want to. so first up is my older sister charlotte. she's 11 years older than me, my mum had her when she was 13, so we were never super close as kids but now that we're grown up i adore her and she become one of my closest friends, i just never really see her unless it's at things like this. oh and she's a single mum of three kids, max just turned 2, elliott is 6 months and ilya is only a newborn." abi started.

"how is that possible?" drew frowned.

"she tried to fall pregnant again but couldn't so had her best friend surrogate for her, and ended up falling pregnant accidentally." abi explained.

"yikes i do not envy her." austin chimed in.

"next up is cieran, and then me, so i'll skip us. then when we were 5 and 6 my parents got divorced and mum married brett, my step dad, pretty much straight away. charli, cieran and i got kinda isolated after this happened, we spent a lot of time with dad, and we still do. we're not brett's biggest fans. anyways, they then had my brother noa, who is 16, then my sister ita, who is 14 and then finally my youngest sister giselle, who is 8." abi finished.

"that is a massive range of ages." austin commented. abi nodded.

"tell me about it. part of the reason why its not public knowledge is purely just cause its so fucking complicated." she laughed.

"can we get a recap?" drew asked, biting his lip nervously. abi placed a reassuring hand on his knee.

"charli is the oldest, she's 32. has three kids, max, elliott and ilya. then cieran, then me, then noa, he's 16, ita, she's 14 and giselle, she's 8. oh and mum's name is melanie and brett my stepdad." she said.

"that's a lot of names to remember." drew frowned. abi nodded.

"honestly you'll probably only need cieran, charli and her kids and maybe giselle? i doubt whether the horror twins will interact with us at all, and god knows brett won't." she said, as they pulled into the driveway of her family home. she looked around, noticing cieran's car.

"and besides." she added, as drew turned the car off. "we're staying at the air bnb with cieran and charli so it's only a few hours of having to deal with everyone else."

the trio hopped out of the car, locking it behind them, and heading towards the front door.

"ready?" abi took each of their hands and gave them a light squeeze in comfort.

"let's do it." austin answered, and abi nodded, letting go of their hands to knock on the door.

"i'll get it!" a voice called, and the door opened to reveal cieran with a wide grin on his face. "thank god you're here."

abi laughed, pulling her brother into a hug.

"that good huh?" she questioned, her voice muffled by his shoulder.