★thirty eight★

content warning: mentions of vomiting

"you okay?" austin asked as abi entered the kitchen early one morning. abi pulled a face.

"yeah just not feeling well." she murmured, laying down onto the couch. austin frowned.

"are you filming today?" he questioned. she nodded, eyes shut in an attempt to ease the nausea she felt.

"i have some scenes to do with drew." she mumbled. 

"i'm gonna be honest abs, i don't think you should go. you know the pate's will understand if you call in sick." austin replied. 

"i don't wanna delay things." she sighed, sitting up slowly. "i'll be okay, i think i just need something to eat."

"you ready to go?" drew questioned, entering the room, a frown appearing on his face when he looked at abi. "what's wrong?"

"nothing." abi faked a smile, standing up slowly. austin rolled his eyes, busying himself in the kitchen. 

"she's not feeling well." he informed drew. "i told her to take the day off but she's determined not to."

"i'll be fine, it's just a little bit of nausea. probably cause i haven't had breakfast." abi said quickly. 

"i made you peanut butter on toast." austin held a paper plate out to her. "you can eat it on the way."

"thanks aus." abi took the plate and grabbed her bag, turning back to look at drew who was shooting her a sceptical look.

abi sighed.

"i'll be fine drew." she assured him. he squinted slightly, but grabbed his bag and keys nonetheless.

"first sign of you not being okay we're coming straight home, you hear me?" he raised an eyebrow, and abi nodded, opening the apartment door.

"loud and clear."

❀❀❀❀❀

"cut! abi, are you okay? you look like you're about to throw up." jonas called. abi took a deep breath.

"i'm fine." she called back. "we can keep going."

drew shook his head, standing up from his chair, before heading towards jonas and speaking. abi groaned silently, knowing he was forcing her to go home. she had been determined to get through this day.

"jonas says we're done." drew's voice snapped her out of her thoughts and abi nodded slightly, standing up from the chair and letting drew lead her towards the costume trailer, where they quickly helped her out of her costume and back into her clothes.

she sat on a chair outside the trailer, taking deep breaths of fresh air as she waited for drew to change back into his normal clothes, the nauseous feeling still lingering. the trailer door opened and drew exited, frowning when he saw her. 

"let's get you home." he said softly, wrapping an arm around her body and leading her to his car, helping her into the seat, before walking around and climbing into the drivers seat. 

they'd barely left the set when abi groaned. 

"drew, pull over." she said quickly. 

"why?" he frowned. 

"i'm gonna throw up." she mumbled. 

"fuck." he pulled over quickly, and abi threw the door open, vomiting onto the grass on the side of the road. she could feel drew's hand, holding her hair back, and she could vaguely hear him talking to her, but his words were just background noise, unable to focus on anything other than how terrible she felt.