★bonus 7 - nug origin story★

content warning: mentions of vomiting

abi sighed, laying down on the couch, already dreading having to join the live that was scheduled with some of their cast mates. 

"you know if you're not feeling up to it we don't have to join right?" drew said, running a hand through her hair. she nodded slightly.

"i know. i want to though." she mumbled. 

"okay baby." drew said softly. "if you want out at any point just let me know and i'll make something up. or just leave and blame it on technical issues." 

drew opened instagram on his phone, joining the obx account live and requesting to join, greeting madison, caroline, rudy and jd when it connected. 

abi sat up, putting a fake smile on, leaning into drew as she said her own hellos, before beginning to silently read the comments, ignoring the few commenting on how tired or unwell she looked. 

after a while she zoned out, trying to ignore the wave of nausea that had overcome her once again. she took a deep breath, swallowing, but it was no use. 

she jumped up quickly, rushing down the hallway to the bathroom. 

"fuck." drew cursed softly, throwing the phone down before following her, pulling her hair back as she vomited into the toilet. 

"it's okay baby, get it all out." drew said softly, his free hand rubbing her back gently. 

abi took a deep breath, leaning back into drew. 

"are you okay now?" he questioned, placing a soft kiss on her head. abi hummed in response. 

"hmm. did you stay on the live?" she asked. he nodded. 

"yeah, was too worried about you." he replied. 

"what are we gonna say?" she questioned, sitting up slowly. drew shrugged. 

"i don't know, food poisoning? i'll make something up." 

he stood up, grabbing a cup from next to the sink, filling it with water and passing it to her. she smiled in thanks, rinsing her mouth out and spitting the water into the toilet before letting him pull her to her feet. 

"let's go do damage control." she sighed as he flushed the toilet, before following him back down the hallway and into the living room. 

"hey, look who's back." madison grinned once drew had picked his phone up. "we were worried." 

"nothing too serious, abs just has food poisoning." drew replied, sitting down on the couch and motioning for abi to curl up in his arms. 

"oh no. how did that happen?" jd frowned slightly. 

"we were out the other night and got some mcdonalds on the way home and decided to eat once we got here, but abi fell asleep in the car so i put her food on the bench while i put her to bed and then forgot about it. and then this genius decided to eat the chicken nuggets after they had been left on the bench for literally 12 hours or something." drew lied. abi rolled her eyes.

"okay you need to stop with the finger pointing, i asked you if i should eat them and you said, and i quote, 'if you want to baby'." she retorted, hoping to make the situation more believable. drew fake gasped. 

"liar, i told you it was a bad idea but you didn't listen." he replied, poking her cheek playfully. abi shook her head, turning her attention back to their friends. 

"anyways, now i have nugget induced food poisoning." she said. 

"i smell a lawsuit!" rudy joked, and abi grinned slightly as the conversation moved on to a new topic. 

drew pressed a soft kiss to her hair, a comforting gesture, and abi smiled, linking her pinkie through his. 

the rest of the live passed quickly with no more incidents, and before they knew it they were saying their goodbyes and disconnecting from the live.

"you think they believed it?" abi asked as drew locked his phone, placing it onto the coffee table. he made a noise in response, moving back to kiss her lips quickly. 

"who knows. hopefully they don't realise it's because of this little nugget and not real nuggets." he said, rubbing a hand across her stomach.  

"you're gonna call the baby nugget from now on aren't you?" abi observed. 

"i like it." he shrugged, a grin on his face. she shook her head, but the smile on her face gave her away. 

"me too." 

❀❀❀❀❀ 

just a cute little part to force myself to get back into writing again, i've been quite lazy as of late

ive had this idea running through my mind so i decided to finally write it. so now you all know why drew and abi refer to baby starkey as nug/nugget haha 

sorry i've been so mia, i'm gonna try to get the next part of monster in me out tonight too so hopefully that makes up for it a bit

thank you to everyone who has read this book, its almost at 100k reads which is so fucking insane to me
i love every single one of you who has decided my silly little story is worth your time
thank you so much for reading it, commenting on it and voting for the parts, it truly means the world to me 

- bib xx