★forty seven★

"abi wake up." abi's eyes fluttered open, realising she had fallen asleep on drew's shoulder as they continued the binge watch of criminal minds they had started at the start of filming season 2. 

"what's up?" she asked, taking in the look in drew's face, noting his apprehension. 

"i just got off the phone with my agent. you know that audition i did?" he paused, waiting for her to nod before continuing. "i got the part."

"oh my god!" abi threw her arms around him, squeezing him in excitement. "that's amazing baby, i'm so proud of you."

"yeah..." he agreed, somewhat flatly. abi frowned, pulling back slightly. 

"what's wrong? why don't you sound happy?" she questioned. drew sighed. 

"it's filming in serbia. i'd be gone for months." he informed her. her stomach did a flip. 

"oh." she mumbled. he nodded. 

"i don't think i'm gonna take the role." he said after a moment of silence. abi looked up quickly. 

"are you kidding? of course you are." she stated. 

"abs, i don't want to leave you." he said, taking her hand. she shook her head.

"no way. i'm not letting you turn down this opportunity because of me." she told him. 

"abi..." he trailed off.

"drew." she mimicked.

"you're not gonna back down, huh?" he sighed. she shook her head again. 

"no, because you're gonna regret this if you turn it down. i can always come visit you, and we can call and text and facetime all the time." she said. drew hesitated. 

"are you sure?" he checked. abi nodded, ignoring the tight feeling in her chest. she had to do what was right. 

"i'm positive. you're gonna take that role, you're gonna go to serbia and you're gonna show everyone how incredible of an actor you are." she said, and he smiled, leaning in to place a quick kiss on her lips. 

"i love you." he mumbled. 

"i love you. and i'm so fucking proud of you." she replied, kissing him once more before pulling away. 

"now how much did i miss while i slept?" 

❀❀❀❀❀

the time for drew to leave for serbia came quicker than either of them would have liked, but abi remained firm in her stance that drew would not turn things down just because of her.

the airport was relatively empty, drew's flight leaving at 9pm, so the trio had made their way to the airport and hung around the terminal until it was time for drew's flight to leave, just soaking up as much time together as they could until the inevitable. 

"passengers flying on flight lx519 to belgrade, serbia please begin to make your way to gate 35 for boarding." abi's stomach did a flip. this was it. drew cleared his throat, unsure of where to start. 

"i'll give you a second." austin mumbled, stepping off to the side. abi bit her lip, trying to hide the tears that were threatening to fall.

"you're gonna have such a good time." she said after a second, hoping he couldn't hear the slight shake in her voice. 

"i'm gonna miss you." drew admitted. "there's still a part of me that wants to call them up and pull out."

"i wouldn't let you." she told him, her tone firm.