End of this long day

(Y/N) POV

We had just arrived at Kate's orphanage, it didn't take long to get there as we used Mrs. Kimberly's car.

The ride was silent other then questions Mrs. Kimberly had for Kate.

The orphanage was very rundown, I've never visited one in real life, but I don't think this is a suitable place for kids.

"Is this the place?" I ask confused

"Yeah, not very stylish is it," Kate says with resentment in her voice

"At least you won't spend another night here," Mrs. Kimberly says as we leave the car to enter the building.

As we walk through the door, an older lady greets us and says hello to Kate.

The building was rather plain, the entrance had a couch and a door to an office. As you get farther down you see multiple doors and some stairs leading up.

The lady approached us and started to talk

"Hello, madam, Mister, I'm sorry if this one has caused you any trouble. She seems to get the wrong type of attention," she says giving the death eye at Kate.

"No, not at all. In fact, I've come to take her off your hands," Mrs. Kimberly says as she stares the woman down.

"Oh my! I'd never thought that she would be adopted, after all, she is rather troublesome," the women continue to glare at Kate.

"Let's get on with it," Mrs. Kimberly says not wavering.

"Right this way, Katy dear you will have to follow, and the young gent must stay," the woman says as she smiles

"Cya," I say as I park myself on a couch.

The ladies enter a office and the door gets shut. I guess I'm left to my own devices for entertainment.

I pull out my phone to see its already 3 in the afternoon, I guess all this action made me lose track of time.

I'm also able to think about today and run it through my brain again.

The building was quite silent, I'd expect it to be a loud place with children running everywhere.

I waited for 15 minutes until the door open and Kate came running out. She sprinted up the stairs and I got up from the couch that wasn't very comfy in the first place.

I looked in the office to see the woman grinning and Mrs. Kimberly looking rather unamused. I walked past the office and up the stairs.

When I reached the top, there was another corridor going back to the front of the building. It had doors all along the sides. I had no clue which one Kate had entered, but lucky for me they were all labelled.

I started reading the labels until I came to Kate's doors. I knocked and when there was no response I opened the door.

When I saw inside, I could see Kate face down in a pillow. Her room was clean and messy at the same time. Everything looked clean, but it looked like someone just dumped everything on the ground.

"Kate," I call out

"It's a mess, I hate this place, there is no privacy, no sense of security. People can just come in here and do whatever they want. It's even worse when the owner of the place comes in and makes a mess," Kate cries out

"Not for much longer," I say has I sit next to her

"I'm not sure about that, that terrible woman is set on making me go through hell," Kate says

"Mrs. Kimberly is a badass, she is the best person I know and she can see right through anyone, honestly she is the best role model anyone can have," I tell Kate