Last Resort

(Y/N) POV

I drifted in and out of sleep

"Kevin! They are coming!" I hear someone scream as I hear growling.

I was on the back of someone as they ran through the forest in the dark

"What's happening?" I ask my voice weaker than I woulda thought

"We are being chased by a pack of hungry wolves," Kevin says from in front of me...I guess he is the one carrying me on his back.

"How many?" I ask in a daze

"I'm thinking 12," Sam says from behind.

"Can you outrun them?" I ask as I start to become more alert.

"No...we've been running for 30 minutes...I'm getting tired," the boy says as I nod

"I see," I mutter

"Do you still have that sword?" I ask him

"Sam has it," he says as I nod

"Ok, we need to stop, I'll fight them off," I mumble

"No, you're in pretty bad condition," Kevin says

"Those crystals were coated in poison," Sam yells as she huffs and puffs.

"It's our only choice," I muttered as Kevin finally stopped.

I went to jump out of his grip, but when my legs hit the ground I had no power to support myself.

"See, we told you!" Sam says as she rushes to my side.

"I'll be fine, trust me," I mutter as I struggle to stand.

"The sword please," I say as I hear the wolves encircle us.

After a lot of protests, Sam finally gave me the sword.

"Cover your ears and eyes," I say

"What? Why would we do that?" He asks

"Because I said so," I mutter as I finally get my legs to support me.

I use sound and the bushes rustling to find the nearest animal.

"I don't think you want to be blind or deaf," I add on as the couple shields their eyes and ears.

Barely able to stand, this attack will break or make our chances at survival.

I use a skill I only use when I have to...my Lightning attack...the same attack that killed Heathcliff what seems a long time ago.

The darkness of night suddenly turns day as the trees shake violently from the thunderous boom!

I attack the wolf as I slice its head off.

It barely yelped before it was decapitated.

The sudden exposure to light and the monstrous sound from my attack scared off the rest.

My leg felt like it was just crushed, it pulsed in pains that I've never had before.

"Ahhhhhhh!" I scream from the pain as my head gets light again.

I felt my body start to fall toward the ground but someone caught me before I hit it.

"Thanks," I mutter

"You need to take it easy!" Sam says as she helps me.

"It was then or never," I mutter as she lays me down and looks at my leg

"You need some help...it's getting really infected," she says concerned.

"I'll be fine," I mutter

"No, you won't be fine," she says

"I will be," I say as I blackout.

When I woke up again, I was in a strange bed.

I wonder what village we are in.

"Hello?" I ask drowsy.

I looked around the room, it was rather small, but I was in a bed so I'm not going to complain.

The door opens revealing Kevin.

"Your awake," he says

"Not dead," I mutter

"We were unsure if you were gonna pull through at first, glad you did," he says

"Where are we?" I ask

"In a small village about 4 hours from where you scared the wolfs at, it's a nice little place called Jassridge," he tells me

"Ok, how long was I out?" I ask him

"Only 4 days," he says

"That's not bad," I mutter

"You're lucky we found this village, a couple of hours later without treatment and we would have had to cut your leg off," he says laughing.

"That's nice," I mutter as I notice the throbbing pain in my leg

"We are staying until you recover, then we are gonna move to somewhere a bit nicer and enjoy our lives," he tells me.

"Yea, I know a place that I'm sure would take the both of you," I say

"Really? That would be great!" He says excitedly.

"Yeah, granted its not perfect, but I thought it was a nice little town when I went by 2 decades ago," I say as he raises his brow

"2 decades ago? You were travelling when you were a baby?" He asks me as I chuckle.

"I'm a lot older than you think," I say as I give him a little grin.

"Yeah? How old?" He asks me

"Let's see...I think I'm 138 years old," I say as his eyes almost bulge out of their sockets.

"Your lying," he asks

"I wish I was," I say as I look at my feet.

"How is that possible," he asks as I start explaining that I'm basically immortal...as far as age goes, I've never tried it, but I might be able to die if I suffer bad enough wounds...I'm not sure and I don't want to find out.

"So you're literally a walking legend," he says as I nod

"I'm the same as King Kirito," I tell him as he nods

"Wow...that's awesome," he says as the door opens

Sam poked her head to check up on us

"(U/N) you're awake," she says as I nod. Kevin couldn't help himself, so he told Sam what I just told him.

"You're so old!" She asks surprised

"Yes, it's all true...I guess you could look at it like I've been cursed," I tell them.

"Wow...that must....that must suck," they say

"It's not nice I'll tell you that," I say.

"So I guess we are following you once you recover," Sam says.

"Yea... I'll lead the way,"

Edited by
NightTheDivineRose