XLVIII- Being Human

"Something is different," Brooke said when Indianna sat down in their next lesson.

Indianna reached into her bag and tried to hide her blush from Brooke.

She couldn't believe she had done it.

She was no longer a vir-

"What is it?" Brooke asked grabbing Indianna's wrist and turning her round so the two girls were facing.

Indianna just shrugged and she glanced at her wrists, her mind wandering back to how Greyson had held them earlier. Indianna gritted her teeth and cursed herself silently- she was meant to be angry at him.

"Have you and Greyson made up?"

Indianna pursed her lips and frowned. "In a sense?"

"But you're still annoyed at him?"

"Definitely."

Brooke nodded and looked Indianna up and down. "Something is different," she said persistently. "You just seem different. You have a weird... Glow about you."

"Glow?" Indianna repeated and laughed. "Brooke, nothing happened between me and Greyson."

Brooke frowned and then smirked triumphantly. "Indie, I didn't say anything about something happening between you and Greyson," she said smugly. "You just did."

Indianna's face dropped and she cursed when she realised she had slipped up.

"What did you do!" Brooke squealed. "Wait? I thought you were angry at him! Are you not? Are you friends again and totally in lurve?"

"Calm down!" Indianna gasped and chuckled slightly. "I don't know what you're talking about, though, we did nothing."

"Don't even try to lie to me, missy," Brooke scolded jokingly. "You either tell me or I will assume the worst, or it could be the best depending on how you view it."

"What's your assumptions then?" Indianna wondered.

"You fucked wildly and it was the best moment of your life and now you and Greyson are friends and in love again," Brooke laughed, "but we both know that is not you, Indie." When Indianna didn't say anything Brooke gasped and her mouth turned into an excited grin. "No way!"

"Shut up," Indianna grumbled.

"No freaking way!" Brooke repeated. "You two did it! You finally went and done it! Yes, girl! Congrats!"

Indianna blushed and hushed Brooke. "I can't believe it."

"Indie, neither can I! I told you make up sex was a thing!"

Indianna couldn't help but laugh. "I'm still pissed at him."

"So it was passionate, angry sex?"

"I don't know what happened. It just did!" Indianna said and groaned. "We were arguing and then we were making out and then I was bloody fucking him! Oh god."

"Hey, it's alright. The bond is stronger since you've shifted. It was bound to happen sooner or later, you two have lasted longer than most mates," Brooke shrugged.

"How long was it before you and Harry did it?"

Brooke grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of her neck. "Um..."

"Tell me or I'll assume the worst," Indianna mocked and Brooke rolled her eyes.

"I was drunk so it happened sooner than I would've liked," Brooke admitted.

"How long?"

"Two weeks," Brooke mumbled and Indianna laughed.

"Oh my gosh, really? I thought you hated him when you first met?"

"I did," Brooke nodded. "But I couldn't deny the bond. I didn't know about werewolves but I could feel there was something between us. We were both at a party and it just happened."

"I guess like 'it just happened' for both of us then," Indianna said with a small chuckle.

Brooke laughed and nodded. "So what was it like? Was it good? Did it hurt?"

"The first time did," Indianna said quietly. "Second time..." Indianna trailed off, her mind going back to the new experience. "It was fucking great."

Brooke laughed loudly and grinned. "Make up sex is the best," she declared. "Trust me, it happens with me and Harry a lot."

"I never would've guessed," Indianna said sarcastically. "You two don't argue much."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "How can you still be annoyed at him after you fucked him?"

"Because he was an ass and just because he makes me feel great, it doesn't mean he's going to change my feelings about what he said," Indianna shrugged. "He was a dick."

"Isn't he always?"

"Well... Yes," Indianna nodded. "I'm just fed up of him being a controlling ass."

"I feel your pain," Brooke admitted. "At least you're a werewolf now so you stand a better chance of standing up to him. I'm literally useless compared to Harry. I'm not even joking, he could lift me up using one hand. It sucks being a human at times."

Indianna frowned. "You'd want to be a werewolf?"

"God yes," Brooke nodded. "I know you're against it, but you have no idea how shitty it is for me. I have no power against Harry. None. He can do anything he wants and I can't do anything. It's horrible at times. Sometimes, when we're arguing I just need to escape- calm my head and sort myself out, but no I can't because I'm a weak human who can't get past Harry who is a fucking humongous, strong werewolf!"

"I'm sorry," Indianna mumbled.

"It's not your fault," Brooke sighed. "You need to realise that what you are isn't bad. You're strong and powerful. I've been a human in a werewolf world for a while now and it starts to get shitty after a while. You weren't human for that long, you didn't see how tiring it could get. Always being the slowest, the weakest, being left out. It's not their fault, there's only so much a human can do."

"Brooke, no one could ever leave you out," Indianna smiled. "It wouldn't be the same without you."

"Thanks, Indie," Brooke said. "Just promise me you won't take being a werewolf for granted?"

Indianna took Brooke's hand and nodded. "I won't. I promise."

"Well, wasn't that just an adorable heart to heart?"

Indianna's face fell and she span round to glare at the person who had just ruined the cute moment between her and Brooke.

"What's wrong with your face, sugar?"

Indianna's glare hardened and Greyson smirked widely.

"You know, it's not an appealing look when you glare."

Indianna threw her arms up in frustration and groaned. "How am I meant to forgive him when he's a complete and utter asshole?"