LXXII- The Plan

(I don't really feel like this is one of the best chapters, sorry if it's shitty, but it's building up to something good !)

Thanks for the cover @roseisbaws It's awesome !

*

"You're ginger?" Indianna said, raising her eyebrows at Kimberly who was drying her wet hair.

"Naturally," Kimberly nodded. "I used to... Um... Get bullied because of it, so I dyed it."

"To fit in?" Indianna guessed and Kimberly nodded. "That's why, isn't it? Why you act so harshly to others? Because you were bullied?"

Kimberly coughed and sent Indianna a sharp look. "I don't want to talk about that," she muttered and ran her fingers through her hair.

"You look pretty," Indianna said quietly. Kimberly did, now that she was stripped natural. Her normal hair colour suited her much more and her face wasn't caked in its usual makeup.

Kimberly frowned. "I do?"

Indianna nodded. "Kal prefers natural. Inside and out."

"Inside will be a lot harder than outside," Kimberly muttered. "It's been a while since I've been nice to someone."

"You've got all the time in the world," Indianna said.

"I think I'm going to go back to my room," Kimberly said and stood. "Um... Thanks."

Indianna nodded. "You're welcome."

"I apologised to Kirstie," Kimberly said and chewed on her lip. "She wasn't very forgiving."

"Both her and Greyson can be quite... Harsh at times," Indianna said.

"No shit," Kimberly said under her breath just as the door to Indianna's door opened and Kal walked in.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw Kimberly and his mouth dropped. "Shitting hell," he gasped. "I didn't think you'd actually dye it." Kal walked up to Kimberly and frowned. "It doesn't look shit."

Kimberly narrowed her eyes slightly. "Thanks."

"That's a compliment coming from Kal," Indianna said with a chuckle.

"You're helping her," Kal frowned and looked at Indianna. "Why?"

"We have a mutual interest," Indianna explained. "She's not exactly got many people on her side, has she?"

"I am here," Kimberly huffed.

"Yes, you're rather hard to ignore," Kal said and turned back to Kimberly. He stared at her for a few minutes before slowly raising his hand tucking a piece of stray hair behind her ear. Suddenly he coughed and quickly brought his hand down. "Um... Let's talk, come with me." Kal turned on his heel and walked out of the room and Indianna gestured for Kimberly to follow.

"Just try and be yourself," Indianna called. "Don't put up a front."

Kimberly shrugged her shoulders and then followed Kal.

"You're too nice," Greyson said, walking into Indianna's room and kissing her softly.

"You're too assholey," Indianna shrugged.

"Assholey?" Greyson repeated and scoffed. "Sugar, why are you helping her?"

"For Kal," Indianna said. "He deserves to be happy."

"I don't think that's possible anymore," Greyson muttered.

"I guess we're going to find out," Indianna sighed and Greyson pulled Indianna over to her bed.