Dr. Teeth x Reader (Req)

Words: 966

Requested by @beansandpeanutbutter 

"HEY, (Y/N)! YA GOT A LETTER FROM YOUR SECRET ADMIRER! COME GET IT BEFORE I EAT IT!" Carl screams in the office area. A Muppet with [color] hair, [color] skin, and [color] eyes run in and snag the letter from the monster's paw. Muppets watching the ordeal try to stop (Y/N) from leaving, but they soon fail and their comrade runs to the parking lot.

"Holy sh- Wow, I think that's my record of running since high school. And that wasn't good either," they breathe out, leaning against their car. Looking at the neat envelope, their fingers tear open the seal and pull out a small, folded paper. A ticket falls from the folds as they begin to read.

"Let's see..." they start, "'Dear (Y/N), I hope this letter locates to your hands and not our maildeliverer's mouth. I know doing this the old-fashioned way may seem a tad strange, but, psychedelically, you're smart enough to know who I am by this point in time. I like thinking a blast from the past will make it more romantic in a philosophical way. That being said, I'd like to invite you to our next extraterrestrial gig so we can finally talk face to face. That office area ain't the best replica of Woodstock in my opinion. If you're busy, here's the band's number - xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can't wait to see you there, love. Sincerely, Your Secret Admirer'".

(Y/N) smiles, knowing exactly who it is. None other than the Electric Mayhem's band leader, Dr. Teeth. His way of communication differs from the other Muppets on a whole other scale. So much so that it's impossible to understand him. You haven't seen him because of your guys' scheduling, but the stories the others told were crazy. (Y/N) looks at the ticket in their hand. It was a deep red with black print and the Electric Mayhem logo on it. The date was this Saturday at 2:00 PM. Internally, they were jumping with joy. A chance to actually talk with their admirer! Unless anxiety settles in...

"Hey, (Y/N)! Sam wants you to stop slacking off and get back to work! Also, he said you'd be fired if you didn't! I don't think he can do that though!" Scooter yells. (Y/N) shoves the letter and ticket into their car before running to the gofer. Sam can't fire them, but he sure can do some light threatening.

---

The day of the concert arrives quicker than they thought. (Y/N) was excited as could be. So excited that they forgot to do the laundry the previous day...

"Dammit, past (Y/N)! That's the third(3rd) time this month," they curse to themselves. Concert attire was somewhat of a must, especially since you're going to meet the Dr. Teeth face-to-face. They slip on a somewhat clean [color] hoodie, loose jeans, and their favorite pair of walking shoes. [Color] hair was brushed through the neatest it could be. (Y/N) didn't care as much about their hair. Dr. Teeth's letter was shoved into their pocket for later, adding onto the paper clips, candy wrappers, erasers, etc.

They run out of their house and walk to the concert area. It wasn't a far walk, just a block away. Upon arrival, they stop at the ticket master, seeing a glimpse of the area.

"Ticket?"

"Here," they say, passing the red paper to the worker. They're admitted in and explore the concessions and merchandise areas. Hotdogs, tacos, and other warm foods were served in different stands. A clock nearby showed 1:49 PM, enough time to eat something. They had forgotten to eat lunch as well. Getting in line was the difficult part with so many people walking through the lines. They retrieve a [favorite drink] and [pizza topping] pizza from the vendors. As they walk away, they suddenly bump into someone behind them and jump. Good thing that their food was OK.

"Hey, sorry! Oh sh- my food!"

"Woah, splendiferous reaction time, my friend. Perhaps I should watch where I'm going next time," a gravelly voice says. (Y/N) turns around to see a Muppet with an orange nose, green skin, and curly red hair. He had an infectious smile that glimmered with its gold tooth. Was this who they thought they were?

"Dr. Teeth?"

"That's my name, baby. Golden teeth and golden tones welcome you to my presence," he purrs out. (Y/N) pulls out his letter, making the Doctor's eyes widen. By that reaction, it's definitely him. I mean, he was dressed like a stolen car for crying out loud!

"Ah, you must be (Y/N)! Pleasure to meet someone I've been admiring for quite some time. Glad you could make it". He holds his hand out and they shake it, a little eager.

"Hi. Oh, wow, it's really, uh, nice to finally, um, meet you. I, uh, um..." they stutter out. Dr. Teeth lets out a hearty chuckle at their embarrassment, finding it a bit cute in his eyes. He pulls them into a long-armed hug, relieved to see his romantic penpal for the first time.

"I need to get back to the stage, but I'll see you in the crowd, Cool Kat," he says before beginning to walk away. (Y/N) watches the pianist disappear through the side of the stage as the clock reads 1:55. They find a spot to stand and dig into their late lunch. By the time they finish and throw the plate away, a group of musicians walk onstage. Dr. Teeth's gold tooth shines a bit brighter onstage and he quickly spots (Y/N). Smiling, he grabs his mic and starts off the concert with a little message.

"This concert is dedicated to a very special friend of mine. They make me smile more than I do and I'm happy to see them again. I dig ya, (Y/N)".