Stormy Day

Harry on a long walk with an umbrella, struggling with a low, low mood. They run into Lew, who's running in the rain, dressed inappropriately for the weather.

Warning(s): S*lf H*rm, self-degrading

"Harry? Are you OK?"

"He doesn't look well. Harry?" A dazed gaze fades away as a hand waves in front of Harry's face. The pyrotechnic looks around, his blurry vision becoming more difficult to see through. He was attending a lunch party with the other Muppets and one of them was running late. Standing around for the person became boring and he soon slipped into a dissociation stance. Episodes like these are a common occurrence, but they still never fail to scare a few Muppets. Something must've happened while he was in a daze because he fell back to earth with Walter, Rizzo, and Beauregard standing in front of him.

"There he is! Hi, Harry!" Bo greets with a wave. Rizzo was standing on Walter's shoulder, tilting his head. Rain hit the nearby window, filling the eerie silence.

"Crazy Harry, is everything OK?" Walter asks, causing Harry to nod his head. A lie, really. Without another word, he stands up and walks out of the building, grabbing a random umbrella. Raindrops fall onto his face and in his hair within the first few steps and he doesn't bother to open the umbrella. What had he been thinking about? The last thing he remembers is wondering where his friend was, then about the Muppet show, then it's performers, then Jerry...

"Thinking about your old friend again, huh?" Goddammit, the voice in his head came back. It hasn't even been a month since it disappeared last.

"Go away..."

"Why? You know you can't ignore me. I never go away," it said, echoing in his mind. Footsteps travel farther and farther away from the other Muppets, the voice increasing in its volume. Rugged nails dig into the skin on his wrist as he arrives at the park a good few blocks away from where he started. The rain was pouring harder now, the umbrella hanging onto Harry's arm loosely. Why couldn't the voice leave him alone for more than a month? It scares him.

"You're good for nothing else but explosions, don't you realize that?" Harry shakes his head while the skin on his wrist breaks.

"Why don't you shut-"

"HARRY?!" Harry looks to his right to see Lew Zealand running towards him. He was sheltering his face with his arm, though his clothes were soaked. Lew runs to Harry with a concerned look on his face. Black strands of hair stuck to the pyrotechnician's face as he grabs the hanging umbrella and opens it above them.

"I thought you forgot about the party thing..."

"I did, but then remembered and just ran," Lew laughs nervously.

"And that meeting...?"

"Cancelled and I didn't know". Harry only nods. Suddenly, a hand gently grabs his arm and pulls it away from his body. Lew had taken notice of the scratch marks on his wrist along with the smeared red around one area. Long red lines were oozing a red, metallic smelling liquid. Fear plastered his face as he examined it.

"Harry, what- when- how-?!" he stutters, trying to clean the area. One long walk later, and back inside, Lew was tending to Harry in the bathroom with a first aid kit. Gauze was wrapped on Harry's wrist after being washed off and disinfected for good measure. Harry watches Lew's face deep in concentration. No words were exchanged as the gauze was pinned together.

"Lew, I-"

"No, no, I'm sorry. I should've driven with you this morning. Maybe this wouldn't have happened". Lew looked away with guilt. He was blaming himself, though Harry felt it wasn't. Slipping into dissociation was entirely on him, not his boyfriend. It never was his fault.

"It's my fault, Lew. I was the one to... 'slip out of it', not you. It's always my fault anyhow..." Harry slides to the floor and pulls his knees to his chest, pressing his forehead on his knees. A hand lays itself on his head and gently pets his hair in a calming manner. Looking up, he sees Lew sitting next to him with a sigh. Silence blankets the air again.

"Hey, guess we're both to blame, huh?" Lew speaks up. Both share a soft smile before a certain king prawn barged into the room.

"'Ey! Kermin says we're leaving nows, OK?! Move your butts, mi amigos!" he yells with Rizzo and Gonzo behind him. They scramble to stand up quickly, Harry more so almost tripping, and they walk outside. Warm rays hit their skin and the sun was peeking through some small clouds. Harry links his pinky with Lew's with a grin. It was perfect.

"Hey, did you feed Smokey before you left the house?"

"..."

"Let's get home quick then".