First Kiss

(A/N: These stories are gonna be fairly short since I don't have the motivation to go in-depth with each one)

Lips and Zoot haven't kissed yet. Each time Lips sees Zoot, they think to themselves 'I gotta do it this time' but they keep being too shy to do anything. One day, a friend asks Lips if Zoot had ever tried to kiss him and Lips just screams.

I'll do it this time! Lips thought, I'll go up to him and kiss him. Yeah, right on the lips! He's had this conversation many times before to himself. This time, he's sure to pull through. The man is pacing in his room as he encouraged himself to finally kiss his lover on the lips. Lips and Zoot got together a few months ago and have been pretty happy. They told a few other muppets, but not all of them, about their get together. Recently, Lips has been wanting to give Zoot a kiss on his lips, but his shyness or something else has been getting in the way.

"Hey Sax Man? Can you come here for a second?" Lips calls out. Zoot appears at Lips' bedroom doorway, rubbing his eyes.

"What is it, man?"

"I-"

"Guys! Get in the van, we're leaving!" Floyd suddenly calls out. Lips sighs and says that he'll talk about it later. They go outside and get in the van before the band drives off.

At the studio, Lips is standing in the office, talking with Rizzo and Pepe much to his dismay. The prawn and rat had somehow reeled the poor trumpet player into their conversation about love and hot chicks.

"'Ey Lips, speaking of love, how is your relationship with Zoot going?" Rizzo asks. Lips shrugged as an answer, still getting used to having a lover.

"So Lips, eh, has Zoot ever tried to kiss you?" Pepe asks. As soon as he heard that, thoughts suddenly ran through his mind. The times that they've just been hanging out alone, Zoot's been giving signs about wanting to lock lips with him. He's been so focused on getting himself to kiss Zoot, he never saw that Zoot was trying to do the same thing!

"Lips? Is he OK?" Pepe asks. Lips suddenly bolts out of the office to the stage, almost bumping into Chip on the way.

"What's up with him?"

"Love, Rizzo. Love".

Zoot was sitting on the stage with his saxophone when Lips ran through the door.

"Lips? What's wrong?" Zoot asks.

"I'm sorry I was so dense! I should've seen the signs and I was stupid, I'm sorry! I've been doing the same thing for a few weeks and only noticed you doing it too!" Lips exclaims, sitting next to him. Zoot looks at him surprised before laughing.

"I don't know what you're talking about".

"You wanted to kiss me," Lips pants out. Zoot's laughing halts and he looks down at his saxophone.

"Damn, you figured that out quickly. Guess I finally lost my charm, huh?" Zoot responds. He lays his saxophone in his case and turns to face Lips.

"Since we've both been wanting the same thing, whatever it is... how about we get it done now?" Proposes Zoot. Lips' face becomes flustered, thinking about the risks that are in place.

"I-I dunno, Sax Man. What if someone sees us? What if the Diva finds out? What if-" he doesn't even finish when a hand slips to the back of his head and light pressure is applied to his lips. After a few seconds, it hits him. It's a kiss. The one he's been wanting for weeks. He slowly leans into it, tilting his head to the right. They separate breathless. Lips could tell that Zoot's eyes were still closed behind his shades. He reaches up to his own lips and touches them. A tingling feeling was left behind.

"First kiss?"

"From a man, Sax Man. But yeah, it was my very first kiss ever".

"So, how was it?"

"I think I need another demonstration".