Up Late with Crazy Harry (Again)

Lew waking up in the middle of the night to find Harry still working. Lew has to drag Harry back to bed.

Click clack. SNAP! Lew Zealand stirs from his sleep at a peculiar sound. It spikes through the air again and he sits up, already knowing the culprit of the noise. Tired foot steps walked out of Lew's room and into his partner's room where a light was shining through the cracks at the bottom. The door opens, revealing a man with grey skin and crazy black hair and a black beard hunched over at a desk. He hadn't even changed into his sleepwear for the night. In his hands was a small explosive device with all of the wires strewn on top of the desk.

"Harry..." Harry stops his work and turns to his partner with a small smile. If the bags under his eyes could go any darker, they would. Lew knows that look of guilt, being caught working late once again. It's becoming a problem for Lew, who was trying to get Harry on a regular sleep schedule.

"Lew? Uh, hey?"

"You should've been asleep with Smokey," Lew says as a small black kitten with piercing grey eyes walks through his legs, purring. Harry, with a sigh, stands up and picks up the kitten, cradling her in his arms. Smokey situates herself in his elbow and promptly goes to sleep.

"I know..."

"You need to catch up on your sleep!"

"Sorry, got really distracted with-"

"With another thing, I know. Can we just get back to bed?" The pyrotechnician nods and ushers his partner out of the room to clean up his desk. Lew stands at the door, listening as metal tools clank against each other and the light is finally turned off. His partner walks out moments later in his pajamas, Smokey still curled up in his arms.

"No more working late at night".

"No promises".

"Harry".

"Alright, alright, I'll try". He grabs Harry's shoulder and gently pushes him to his room. Both lay in Lew's bed, Smokey laying between them, for some shut eye.

"Lew?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you".

"I love you too. Now, go to sleep and no existential questions again". Harry quietly laughs, sealing the deal. Sadly, this wasn't a rare occurrence and Harry will find himself in the same position a few weeks later, but just the two of them curled up on a cool night was something they always looked forward to. To them, it's paradise right at home with their partner right next to them and a cute kitten to top it all off.

This is home.