Lew's Nightmare

Imagine Lew singing "You Are My Sunshine" as Harry slowly d!es in their arms.

Bonus: Harry used to sing that to Lew to calm them down at times.

Bonus 2: If Harry uses their final moments to join in with Lew before they sing the last verse and then d!e, all while Lew is sobbing uncontrollably.

Harry: I love you, but you're beginning to pass out mid sentence. Go to bed.

"Harry, stay with me, please! I can't lose you...!" Lew exclaims, holding Harry close to his chest. Bruises littered his body and a stab wound showed on his abdomen. God, if only he was there sooner, none of this would happen! Why did he have to go alone? Why, oh why?

"Lew... C'mon, I'll be OK..."

"You're hurt, Harry! You- You might not-"

"I-I'll be alright..." Lew burst into tears at the thought as Harry lifted a tired hand to his face. Lew's strained voice began to sing a calming song, their song. A tune that always calmed him down when he was panicking or sad. Tears continued to fall while he was singing. Harry joins in with heavy breathing and tired eyes. One last breath after the final verse was enough to throw Lew into a sorrowful state, hugging Harry's now limp body.

"No... No... Please, don't take him away... HARRY!"

---

"HARRY!" Lew shot up from his sleeping position, sweat beading on his forehead. He looks around his darkened room and lets out a shaky sigh. Nothing but a terrible nightmare, but it felt real. To calm his nerves, he steps out of bed and walks to Harry's bedroom door, knocking loud enough for him to hear. Harry opens it moments later, rubbing his eye and holding Smokey.

"Lew? What's wrong?"

"I wanted to check in on you".

"Well, it's kinda early to be asking for breakfast. Why?"

"It's just... Can I sleep with you?" This causes Harry to be a bit more alert. Rarely does Lew ask if he can sleep with Harry in his room. It's messy and gross and he absolutely hates the dust. This seemed like an emergency though, so he accepted the invitation.

"Uh, sure. Why? What happened?" Lew steps into Harry's room and sits on his bed.

"I had a nightmare that you had..."

"That I...?"

"You were really hurt... and..." Harry sits next to him and gives Lew a side hug. Lew was obviously scared to sleep, but he looked so drained at the same time. The rambling of the nightmare was becoming more and more sloppy as he continued.

"Hey, hey, let's get you to sleep. You're gonna pass out soon".

"Alright..." Both lay down in bed and Harry places Smokey on Lew's chest to help him sleep. Lew's exhaustion catches up to him and he falls asleep on the spot. Harry pulls the covers over both of them and cuddles up to him with a small sigh. Nightmares are difficult to get over, but having someone with you will help them fade away.