Movie Night

Harry: You're under arrest for being a blanket thief

Lew: This is a really scary movie, Harry... A-are you sure you aren't scared?

"What did you put in this time...?" Lew asks, holding a bowl of popcorn. Harry was at the TV, slipping a VHS tape into the player. It was movie night for the couple and the pyrotechnic was in charge of picking the film. Lew was hoping it wasn't another horror flick like the last few times. He doesn't think he can sit through the next A Nightmare On Elm Street movie without covering his eyes.

"Relax, it's something we both might like".

"What is it?"

"Have you heard of Jaws?" Oh no, not that movie! The last time he watched that, he had nightmares for weeks! But Harry looked so excited that it was hard to reject the idea. Maybe this time he won't look at the screen when the shark blows up at the end.

"Uh, yeah, I've heard of it!"

"Nice, let's have a blast from the past then". Harry walks back to the sofa and situates himself against its arm with Lew leaning on his side, covering them with a blanket. Making through the opening credits was difficult enough, and then the first confirmed death of the movie. By then, Lew wasn't even watching the screen, just listening to the characters talk.

"Hey, Harry? A-Are you scared?"

"I saw my dad blow up 39 explosives in the desert on the 4th of July. That's scary. This film is nothing," Harry waves it off, not once breaking his eye contact from the screen. He grabs a handful of popcorn and tosses it in his mouth. Halfway through, Lew pulls the blanket off of both of them and throws it over his head. By then, he's had enough and is shaking like crazy.

"Lew? Hey, what's wrong?"

"This movie is scary! H-How are you not scared?!" Silence fills the air, aside from the television. A hand slowly pulls the blanket off of Lew's head.

"If you didn't wanna watch it, you could've told me".

"You just looked so happy..." Harry pulls Lew into a hug, pausing the movie and apologizing about the endeavor. The pyrotechnician will make it up to Lew with a date night in the future. For now, they'll change their plans.

"By the way, you're under arrest for stealing the blanket again".

"Sorry about that too".

"It's fine, you do it every night".

"Why don't you stop me?"

"You're sleeping?"

"Fair point".