Detention Kid

AU: They are high school students. Floyd gets detention. Dr. Teeth, not wanting to be alone, joins them.

"FLOYD PEPPER, THIS IS THE LAST STRAW!" a teacher yells as they talk with their student. The boy wasn't very tall with long, messy red-orange hair and pink skin. His blue eyes glared at the yelling adult with a smile on his lips. Some stubble could be seen on his upper lip as well. This young man was Floyd Pepper, son of Daniel and Cherry Pepper, and he's most known for getting detention. He was great academically, though the teachers seem to have become lazy...

"Look, teach, I was saying-"

"You were interrupting my class again!"

"Maybe if ya actually taught the class instead of sitting there, this wouldn't happen," Floyd retaliates, "I'm just saying-"

SLAP! More beradding and a detention slip later, the Pepper kid stalked away to his beaten-up locker. It was just like any other locker in school, except someone had vandalized the outside with writing. The usual bullies must've passed by again. At least this was his last period of the day, then he would stay after and walk the 3 whole blocks back home. Sure, it was dreadful to walk home in the freezing fall weather, but he's still on his driver's permit. The only other way to get home is-

"Hey Floyd! What's shaking?!" ... Is by hitching along with Leon, one of the most popular guys in the school and their class. He looks over as a boy with orange curly hair, green skin, and a small goatee approaches him. A gold earring hung from his left ear and a variety of rings sat on his fingers. The only off part about the boy was his choice of clothing, displaying his more school-casual side. If teachers weren't already on his tail about homework, then this kid would be all over him. His name was Leon and he's Floyd's math tutor and secret partner.

"Hi, Leon".

"How was your day?"

"Fine. Shouldn't you be at your clubs or whatever you do?" he sneers, opening the dented locker. Several books and stray papers fall out with a loud thump. Both boys kneel down to pick up the mess as a few pick-me girls laugh.

"I don't have any clubs after school and ya know that".

"Thought you did. Guess not".

"Hey, what's with the tone?" Leon stands up, takes the books from Floyd and places it back onto the shelf in a neat pile. One more paper falls to the ground, the word "detention" written in bold, black letters. Floyd looks to his feet, shuffling in place as Leon picks it up.

"I-I got detention again, but you can see that already..." he mumbles, rubbing his palm with his thumb. He knows that Leon can sense his nervousness and, without a second thought, snatches the slip from the boy's hand. A lecture from the other teen isn't what he wants now. Feet hurriedly stomp through the hall and stop in front of the detention room.

"Nice to see you once again, Mr. Pepper. I hope you didn't have any plans this Friday," said the dean, approaching Floyd with a folder in his arms. Floyd nods and walks in, sitting in his usual seat at the front. Now begins the easy part: sitting and waiting for it to end. Well, it would be easy if the next person that walked in wasn't Leon.

"Mr. Fever? Uh, I have a pass...?" He couldn't believe his eyes. Leon was joining him in detention? Was he mad? The dean simply nods and waves him to the rows of desks. Blue eyes watch him sit next to him and smile brightly. It would be a while until Mr. Fever left the room for the bathroom and the couple had a break to talk.

"Why?" Floyd turns to Leon, lightly punching his arm. The boy looks over, tilting his head in confusion.

"Hm?"

"Why are you here?"

"I couldn't let you go alone".

"But why? Why willingly come and sit here for an hour and a half? You should be home doing... Whatever you do!" Leon shrugged and grabbed Floyd's hand. No words were exchanged between them as the Pepper kid tried to decipher Leon's actions. Maybe he really did want to be here just for him. He did leave the dude in a rush. It sounded really sweet now that he thought about it. That hour and a half passed by quickly and the two stood outside the school.

"You need a ride or are ya gonna be stupid and walk in the cold?" Leon asks, beginning to walk to his car. Floyd nodded and caught up with him as a cool breeze brushed past. A heavy jacket was thrown onto his shoulders as Leon's car came into sight. Leon's black leather jacket hung on Floyd as they stepped inside the vehicle.

"Thanks, Leon. Ya didn't need to do that," Floyd says as they buckle themselves in the seats.

"I wanted to, Floyd. Just like I wanted to sit in that room with ya".

"Just drop me off at home, alright?" Leon begins driving to Floyd's house, living more than blocks from the school. Heavy eyes begin to block the vision of the young bassist and sleep eventually overcomes him in the ride. It must've been a few hours because when he woke up again, it was beginning to look dark. There was a TV in front of him set on his favorite channel and Leon's figure sitting next to him.

"Where am I?"

"At my place. Don't worry, I talked to your parents and they said yes," Leon responds, patting Floyd's head. He turns his attention back to the screen as Floyd sits up in his spot. A blanket had been thrown over him and a pillow set under his head, laying against the arm of the sofa. Floyd opted for Leon's side instead, Leon's arm instinctively wrapping itself around his shoulders.

"Hey, I'm sorry about getting detention again".

"It's nothing, man. I would've done the same".

"Cool".

"..."

"Up for a makeout session?"

"Sure".