Middle Name(24)

Robert's P.O.V:

Disclaimer: this chapter contains blood, bullets and other medical information which may be triggering  for other be aware. Also I am not a doctor so I'm sorry if any medical information is false or inaccurate.

After Danny witnessed the kiss between Lauretta and I she seemed to be chill about it.

"Okay- class dismissed" I announced, all the students got up from the seat and left the class expect one particular student.

"Danny, class is over" I told her as she got close to me.

"I know, Professor, I just wanted to be next to you"

"Danny, we need to talk about boundaries. You are a very nice girl but you should respect my privacy and personal life. Do you understand?" She nodded and left the room.

I was surprised by her action and quite frankly felt a little bad for her, but with all due respect I couldn't sabotage my relationship with Lauretta over a girl's creep obsession.

Also if I was single I would probably do the same thing, boundries are boundries.

Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my lower stomach, it hurt like hell but I was used to it by now. That's where the bullet hit 12 years ago.

The metal bullet which seems so innocent by it's own nearly killed me. When I got to the hospital I was between life and death, the only thing I remember from the ER was the lights , my bloody jeans and shirt.

I was in a coma for three months before I went through  a long six months of recovery. At first the pain was enormous, I could bearly get out of my bed without passing out from the pain.

The science world was terrified by brain wouldn't be the same and I remember that at least a dozen Professor would come to check on me every week. Luckily, nothing happened to my math or science skills in general and five months after the bullet hit I was solving equations like I did before,, just that this time it on my bed and not in a fancy auditorium.

Even though there is no danger to my life anymore I still suffer from back pain/stomach pain which are really bad. I learned to control my reactions over the years when I am around people so no one notices something's wrong.

"I brought some foooood" I raised my face up to see Lauretta holding two bags from an Italian restaurant in the campus.

"Let's go eat in my office"

-time skip-

"Sometimes I wish I was Italian, I can totally get used to having a Italian mana who cooks pasta and pizza's all day" Lauretta jokingly said as she ate another bit of her margarita pizza.

"British people have good tea, though" I commented.

"Yeah but my mother worked all day so she never made me any traditional British food and my father was busy in being an asshole so my 'British past' was severely Americanized. Where are your parents from? You don't have to talk about  if you don't want to"

"My mother is from Oslo and my father is from Slovenia but I didn't get any eastern European culture from him, my mother in the other hand made sure to remind me where she came from. My middle name is Bjarne"

"Bjarne? What does that mean?" She asked.

"It's pretty awkward"

"Come on, tell me!" How can I resist those puppy dog eyes?

"It meas bear"

"Aww, that's so cute. You are a little sweet teady bear who is almost seven feet" Lauretta said as she pinched my cheeks.

I took her closer to me and hugged her, all those name talking brought me back to my childhood which was filled with the being my mother's unloved child. Hugging Lauretta is a compensation for all the traumatic moments I have experienced as a child.

I never thought I'd ever feel loved, by a woman or a human at all. I never wanted to get married or have kids but now, I can imagine having a family with Lauretta.

It's a little awkward but sometimes I go to one of my 4  empty bedrooms and imagine they were full with Lauretta's and I kids. It almost brings a smile to my face.

Maybe it's a time for the next major step in our relationship?

"Lauretta, come and live with me in my house, well, hopefully it will be your house as well"

To be continued..