Therapy(25)

*Warning! Includes violence and abuse.

Lauretta's P.O.V:

"My boyfriend asked me to move in with him"

"And what was your answer?" My therapist Angelina asked.

"I declined"

"Why?"

"I don't know.. I love him but I just couldn't"

"Tell about your other relationships, Lauretta"

"Well, my first boyfriend was Ronald, we were together in model U.N , super smart but had major anger attacks where he would leash out on me, so we broke up two months later. Then there was Keith, he wanted to get more intimate while I didn't,after he almost force himself upon me, we broke up. Then there was James, which you already know about.. "

"So you had three past relationship all were in a way abusive, then comes Robert. A charming genius who is respectful, caring and nothing like the men you dated before. I think you're just afraid Lauretta, afraid you don't deserve Robert"

"What do you mean?"

"I speak to a lot of women and men who were in abusive relationships or still are. What I learned is that the abusive partner will always try to make you feel worthless, unwanted and all just to make sure you will never leave them. Those men made you think you don't deserve better Lauretta, even though you do"

"He is too good, Angelina. What if I really don't deserve him?''

"Lauretta, you have bruises who haven't healed yet and even when they will, scars will still remain. But it will  get easier with time, especially if you will be around someone who cares for you, like Robert"

"I don't want to lose him"

"You won't"

Robert's P.O.V:

"I wish life could always be this peaceful" Lauretta said as we both layed together in bed after a very intensive sex session.

"What made you change your mind about moving in?" I questioned.

"I just had to have some time to think about it, that's all" Lauretta replied as she played with my fingers.

I was glad that was all, when Lauretta declined the offer I was afraid we were done. I know that sometimes the other side is not always ready for moving in together, but I thought she was as ready as I am.

"What's this?" I asked as I saw a little bruise on her arm where her watch usually is.

"It's nothing"

-flashback 3 years ago( Lauretta's P.O.V)-

"Ronald. You're scaring me!" I shouted him as he grabbed pinned me aggressively to the wall.

"Shut the fuck up you worthless bitch. Who hell do you think you are? Can't you see I love you?! Why would you go and meet that other guy?!" I stayed silent knowing he won't believe me, even I tell him the truth.

"Answer me whore!"

"He is just a family friend, it's nothing"

Ronald then grabbed my arm and pushed it against the brick wall. I was bleeding from but the sight of my hand wasn't near to the amount of pain I felt. Physically and emotionally.

Ronald left me in my living room with a multiple broken fingers and severe pain. He took my phone away from me so I wasn't be able to call anyone, and the pain was just to much so go outside and ask for help.

I was left there, helpless.

My mother found me crying after four hours.

-end of flashback-

"Are you sure it's nothing?'' Robert asked and I nodded. I don't feel ready yet to share it with Robert.

"Shit. It's already nine o'clock I have to head to class" I said trying to avoid the conversation.

I quickly got dressed and left to campus.

-time skip-

It's lunch break and was staring at Robert talking to his colleagues when he pointed at me, I raised my eyebrows at him and he gave me a sign to come.

"This is Lauretta, my partner" Robert introduced to Prof. Rane and two other Professors. Sometimes I just can't help but admire Robert's seriousness, I mean, 'partner'? I guess Girlfriend is just not formal enough for Robert, and I love him for that.

His colleges and I talked the entire lunch break before I had to head to my next class which was material engineering. On my way to my clas I get a notification on my phone, I stop when I see it.

New message from: "James "

To be continued..

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment!❤