Missing You (Part One)

Written by jisoosimpXD, our dear friend and co-author.

* * *

I pulled my scarf down from my nose as I walked into the convention centre. I sighed contentedly as the warm air brought respite to the chilly autumn wind outside.

"Now, where is this fan sign event..."

I heard a scream and I whipped my head around to see a hoard of people swarming 9 girls. When in doubt, follow the crowd.

I quickly set off in the direction of the crowd. I followed the hoard of people as they throng the 9 girls. Yup, I was at a Twice fan sign event. While most people were here to get their albums signed and take photos with the gorgeous girls, I was only there to see one of them.

Son Chae Young.

It's been years since I'd seen her since she left to become a trainee. I could still recall the day we both parted ways.

* * *

"Here Yori, take this," she said, handing me her dark blue scarf.
"Chae...wha–"
"It's for you to remember me by," she replied.

I smiled and accepted the neatly folded scarf. She pulled me into a warm hug as I felt her tears wetting the side of your neck.

"Thank you for everything Yoriichi, I'll never forget you..." she whispered.
"You're most welcomed, Chae... Now go get-em' Baby Cub, keep in touch yea?" I said as I held back tears stinging my eyes.

Chaeyoung pulled away and looked at me. We reluctantly let go of each other as she walked towards the van where her mother was waiting for her. She waved goodbye to me one last time before getting into the van with her mom. I watched as the back of the van slowly got further and further away.

* * *

I gripped the scarf around my neck as I recalled the last time I saw Chaeyoung in person. That was 10 whole years ago when she left her hometown to join JYPE and later on appeared in their reality survival show SIXTEEN. She absolutely killed it there, landing herself a spot in Twice. I continued to follow the crowd as I began to wonder how she's doing now.

The paparazzis continued to follow the 9 girls as they walked towards one of the many expo halls in this convention center. Security stopped everyone as the 9 girls slipped into the room. While waiting, I decided to head over to one of the booths and purchase one of their albums.

Huh.... It's no use coming to a fan sign event if you've got nothing for them to sign.

I bought their latest mini-album 'Taste of Love' and headed back to the anxiously waiting crowd. A few moments later, the guards pulled the two massive doors open, and I tried my best to jostle forward in the surge of people rushing into the room, all the while maintaining physical distancing measures. After all, we were still in a global pandemic.

Everyone looked desperate to get a good seat for the fan sign event, the first after the pandemic hit last year. Shit. This won't do. I quickly stepped out of the sea of people and let them all finish going full 'Hunger Games'-mode on each other (completely disregarding COVID safety protocols. Poor health officials shouting in vain), before I myself walked into the hall.

 Poor health officials shouting in vain), before I myself walked into the hall