Set Me Free

I placed the grocery bags on the kitchen counter, three of them I counted. I huffed and sighed. I was still young and fit, fresh out of my two years of army training, but these bags filled with vegetables, fruits, meat, and other grocery products were something else entirely.

"Have you got everything? Gomawo, Jeonghoon-ah!"

A pair of tiny arms were wrapping around my waist, followed by a round bump bumping against my lower back. I chuckled and nodded. Helping my pregnant sister with her groceries had become my side job whenever her husband was away on his business trip.

 Helping my pregnant sister with her groceries had become my side job whenever her husband was away on his business trip

"Don't mention it, Noona!" I smiled. "Ya, where is Yori-hyung anyway?"
"Meh... You know him and his security work," Chaeyoung shrugged, waddling towards the sink to wash her hands.
"But it's... Cyber security, right? Can't he work from home?" I decided to probe.
"He does work from home. But every once in a while he needed to go somewhere... I assume to install some stuff in his clients' computer system? Na do molla..." she shrugged again.
"And you're never curious?" I pressed.

Hearing this, Chaeyoung laughed and turned to look at me.

"Ya! What are you getting on about? Are you trying to sow doubt into my heart about my own husband?" she grinned. I quickly shook my head.
"N–No, no! I mean... I'm just... Curious, that's all! I... I didn't mean to offend you!" I panickedly said. Chaeyoung giggled.
"I'm not offended, Jeonghoon-ah... Calm down!" she sniggered. "But I trust him completely. I've known him since we were young, and he has never let me down, not even once, so..."
"I get it, Noona. Totally! I–I'm... I'm sorry..." I muttered, feeling bad.

Chaeyoung chuckled as she walked over to open the fridge, and she gestured for me to start helping her store the groceries inside her fridge. I promptly did so.

"Jeonghoon-ah... Can Noona give you an advice?" she asked after a while.
"Sure! Shoot, Noona!" I smiled.
"If you decide to go into a relationship, you need to trust your partner completely, without a shadow of a doubt," she said.

I stole a glance at her. I saw a peaceful smile rising on her small face as she continued.

"Yori... He's been through a lot. He's sacrificed a lot for me, for our family, for our love. I'm sure you haven't forgotten why he lost an eye, right?" Chaeyoung asked. I nodded.
"Yeah... He... Saved you and Eomma from..." I trailed off.
"... From him," my sister nodded. "... That alone is enough to make me never doubt his faithfulness, but even if he didn't do that, I'd still trust him completely."

Chaeyoung slowly straightened herself, resting her palms on her growing baby bump as she smiled at me.

"That's how you're supposed to build a relationship, Jeonghoon-ah! You need to trust each other completely. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has secrets, but that's okay... As long as you know that your hearts are in the right place," she told me.
"Wise words..." I smirked, but Chaeyoung laughed and smacked my shoulder.
"Stop patronizing me! I was telling the truth~!" she whined, smacking me one more time.
"Patronizing?! O–Ow! What did I do wrong? I was agreeing with you!" I complained.
"You were smirking! You were mocking me!" she accused me, and she smacked me again.
"O–OW! Ya! Ow! Cut it out!" I protested.
"PLUS! What the fuck do you think you're doing talking like that! I'm literally carrying his baby right now! I shouldn't think bad things about my own husband and baby daddy!" she bellowed, and she kept smacking me.
"O–OW! O–Okay! Okay! M–Mianhae! Mianhae! Ya! Noona!" I exclaimed.