Signal: Yesterday, Today, And All Tomorrows

"And... It's... Off... Try moving your arm, Jeongyeon-ssi!"

Jeongyeon tried moving her left arm slowly. She started with her forearm, then her elbow, then slowly her shoulder. Her smile grew wider and wider as she managed to turn her left arm fully without any pain. She looked up at the doctor and chuckled.

"Thank you so much, Uisa-seonsaengnim!" she exclaimed. The doctor laughed.
"Ya... You should be thankful to the doctors back in Seoul who operated you the first time... I'm just here to open your cast," he said humbly.
"You're right... But still, thank you so much!" Jeongyeon repeated her words.

The doctor chuckled and stood up. We stood up too.

"I must say... You recovered really quickly, Jeongyeon-ssi! Only around two weeks since your accident, and you're completely healed already!" he said. Jeongyeon chuckled.
"Well..." she said, before turning at me, "I owe it to this girl right here... She's been taking care of me so well."

I blushed and giggled. Jeongyeon could be really cheesy sometimes. The doctor smiled and bowed slightly.

"Anyway... It's been an honour serving you, Jeongyeon-ssi, Sana-ssi... And thanks for the signed photo as well! My daughter is going to be really happy," he said.

We thanked him again and left his clinic. Jeongyeon flung her left arm around my shoulder and sighed as we walked down the hallway towards the hospital lobby.

"Gosh... It feels so nice to be able to hug you from the right again..." she mused. I giggled.
"What's the difference?" I asked her. She chuckled.
"No difference... You're still cuddly from both sides," she said.

I laughed and punched her midriff jokingly. She recoiled, but laughed louder.

"You're just so cheesy!" I giggled.
"Ya! Are you trying to hurt me right after I'm freed from my cast?" she exclaimed.
"We're still in the hospital, right? You can get treated immediately!" I retorted, not missing a beat.
"YA!"

I cackled and rushed out of the hospital towards the parking lot

I cackled and rushed out of the hospital towards the parking lot. Jeongyeon laughed and chased after me. We ran the full length of the parking lot towards our car, and when we reached it we both rested our hands on our knees, panting and gasping for air.

"Fuck... I'm getting old..." she said. I laughed.
"Ya! We're both 31!" I protested. She cackled and held my hand.
"Come on, 31 year old girl... Let's go," she said.

I smiled, opened the car, and we both entered. I started the car and soon drove away from the hospital compound, hitting the streets of Suwon. We had been in Jeongyeon's hometown for a few days, and so far we both had a great time here.

Jeongyeon's family was amazing, as always. They treated me like one of their own—Jeongyeon's parents going as far as asking me to call them 'Appa' and 'Eomma' as well—and Appa prepared delicious feasts for all of us every single night. I spent the past few days playing with Seungyeon-unnie and Seoyeon-unnie's children, visiting tourist attractions such as Hwaseong Fortress, Samsung Innovation Museum... We even watched a match between Suwon Bluewings and FC Seoul in Suwon World Cup Stadium.