Seoul Searching

Written by our good friend and fellow author JisoosimpXD

***

"So, Minsoo... Tell me. Any plans for your future?"
"E–Eh? Wh–What do you mean?"

I chuckled. Minsoo finally had the courage to ask me out tonight, so we settled in his hotel room, sitting at the table by the large window overlooking the beautiful Gardens by the Bay. I should thank Jeongyeon for encouraging her new Little Brother.

Minsoo initially offered me some soju, but I had enough alcohol after spending the night with the girls and Ansel earlier at Zouk, so instead I opted for tea

Minsoo initially offered me some soju, but I had enough alcohol after spending the night with the girls and Ansel earlier at Zouk, so instead I opted for tea. He brewed an excellent hot green tea, and we sat down facing each other in his room. He eyed me confusedly, so I smiled and clarified.

"I mean... How do you see yourself in–let's say–five years time?" I asked.

Gosh. That was lame, Jihyo! What are you, a company executive?

"W–Well... I–I... I don't know, really... Probably becoming Twice's full-time manager?" Minsoo said. I gasped and chuckled.
"Ya! Han Minsoo-ssi! You don't need five years to be our permanent manager! I think Suzy-unnie will promote you soon!" I said confidently. Minsoo chuckled and shook his head.
"Ah... B–but... But I'm just a temporary replacement, Jihyo... Bae-isanim is vetting the candidates to replace me as we speak, right?" he said.

I stared at him. That was kinda sad, to be honest. He... Minsoo was the perfect manager for us. We didn't need too much help or guidance nowadays, us being a senior idol group already, so what we needed was someone who could respect our spaces and take care of us. And, objectively, Minsoo ticked all the boxes. Should I tell Nayeon to talk with Suzy-unnie about this? Or maybe Sana... Her IPG second-in-command.

"Ow... That's hot!" Minsoo suddenly exclaimed, sticking his tongue out. He had just burned his tongue by sipping the piping hot tea too eagerly.

His sudden exclamation woke me up from my thoughts, and I laughed at his clumsiness. He blushed and set his cup back down. Absentmindedly, we stared at the SuperTree Grove, their neon lights lighting up the Singapore night sky. If it weren't for the scorching heat, Singapore would be the perfect country to live in.

"Jihyo," he called me. I turned to look at him, but he was still staring out of the window.
"Yes?"
"Do you... Ever think... About the fact that... One day... It'll all just end?" he asked, sounding surprisingly deep and philosophical.

I thought for a moment.

"Hmm... I... I honestly don't really think about that much, Minsoo. I like to... Hang on the present and just go with the flow, I guess..." I said, slowly bringing the cup to my mouth and took a sip.

" I said, slowly bringing the cup to my mouth and took a sip