Signal: A Love Story

"And... One more... Smile bright, girls! Perfect! That's it! That's a wrap! Sugeohasyeossubnida!"
"Everyone, let's cheer for our amazing Twice girls!!!"

It was January 2017. We had just wrapped up on our commercial shoot for Pocari Sweat. The shoot was done on a beach in Gold Coast, Australia, and although it was January, it was hot as hell. Hang on. It was supposed to be hot. Everything was upside-down down here.

The crew and staff members all clapped and cheered loudly, thanking us for our hard work today

The crew and staff members all clapped and cheered loudly, thanking us for our hard work today. We clapped and cheered too, but our manager Unnie hurriedly approached me. She looked concerned.

"Jeongie, are you alright?" she asked.

I nodded slowly, but I was lying. My head was spinning. My body was shaking. Even though Gold Coast was in a scorching heat, I felt really cold. I had a fever.

"Jeongie..." she placed a hand on my forehead and gasped. "... Jeongie! You're burning up!"
"I—I... It's fine, Unnie. Just... The heat maybe," I said, trying to smile, but she was having none of it.
"No, it's not the heat! Jeongie, you're having a fever!" she said rather loudly.

I glared at her. I knew what her words would do. The girls started surrounding me with concern, but one girl in particular rushed to my side.

"Jeongyeon-unnie... Are you okay?"

Shit. This Japanese girl again. Sana grabbed my arm gently.

"Unnie, are you alright?" she asked again.
"I'm fine, Sha, I'm fine..." I said quickly, not looking at her.
"No... You're not. Oh Gosh... You need to rest..." she uttered worriedly.

Sana turned to our manager and lifted the Pocari Sweat bottle that was in her hand.

"Unnie, can she drink this? It might be good to replenish her energy, right?" she asked urgently. Manager Unnie nodded.
"Yes! Yes, go ahead, drink it!" she said.

Sana cracked open the Pocari Sweat bottle and offered it to me. I stared at the bottle apprehensively.

"Here you go, Unnie~" Sana said cutely

"I... I'm kinda sick of it, really..." I uttered softly.
"H–Huh?" Sana asked, looking confused.

I groaned.