Kyoto Protocol (Part Two)

"I'll knock this time," Momo said softly, reassuring me. I was surprised.
"Oh? Why the sudden change of heart?" I asked.
"We're going to be stuck with each other for seven days..." she smirked. "Might as well cooperate."

I chuckled again and nodded, before waving to her and leaving. I took the lift up to my floor and walked to my room. As I shut the door, I glanced at my watch. It was a little over 6pm. I pulled out my phone and dialed up my superior in Korea.

"Yeoboseyo?"
"Minatozaki-san."
"Someone-san! How's Momo? Is she alright?"
"She's fine... Up and running after I gave her a bowl of jokbal," I said while chuckling.
"How the hell did you...? You know what, I'll let you do you. Your ways seriously make me question the physics of reality!"

I chuckled to myself.

"Ya... Is she... Still trying to run?"
"No. I don't think so..."
"I knew it. I knew she'd come around soon, especially with a handsome boy like you~"

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Minatozaki-san, I don't think Jeongyeon-san will be too happy hearing that."

I heard Sana gasping from the other end of the line.

"Y–Ya... You're not recording this, right? Please don't send this to her..."
"I am, and I'll keep the recording for blackmail purposes," I jokingly told her. She grunted.
"Ugh! I forgot I really have to watch my tongue around you! Anyways... Thanks for updating me! Keep me posted, okay?"
"Will do, Boss," I said with a smile.
"Oh, and before I forget! Momo might try to make some... Advances on you. If she does, I recommend that you just go with the flow and not fight it," she said.

I furrowed my brows.

"E–Eh? What does that supposed to mean?"
"Someone's calling me... Oh? It's Yeoni-oppa! Right! Bye! Keep me updated!"
"H–Hang on! Minatozaki-san!"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Damn. This girl could be even more mysterious than me sometimes. Welp... That's why she's my boss, right?

I shrugged and snapped the burner phone in half before tossing it and flushing it down the toilet. Staying under the radar while protecting a world-famous idol was no easy task. I walked over to my bag and pulled out my laptop, along with the bracelets and metal disk from earlier. As I turned on my laptop, the picture of Otousan, Okaasan, and Nezuko–my little sister–came on screen.

"I'll be home soon, guys... I promise..." I whispered as a sad smile rose on my face.

My fingers reached to touch the smiling faces of my family members. This was the second time in a row I had to celebrate Christmas and New Year away from them. I sighed and got back on my task.

I slipped on the bracelets and picked up the metal disk again. The process on board the Shinkansen repeated itself as I pulled my hands apart and the disk started to spin. Amazing how two little magnets could generate so much spin.

"Alright... Easy does it..."

My hands began to cross the threshold of how far the magnets could exert their force on the disk. As I slowly inched my hands further and further away, the disk spun faster and faster, reaching speed at which it could produce energy.

"Just... A little... Further..."

The disk began to wobble. Shit. I quickly pulled my hands back together and gained control of the disk as it began to slow down. Looks like some modifications needed to be done for it to be fully functional. Would I be able to send it in time to Korea?