Karuizawa Stories: Ready to Be

"You may kiss the bride..."

Yori smiled from ear to ear, wiping his tears for the nth time this afternoon, staring at his wife—my sister

Yori smiled from ear to ear, wiping his tears for the nth time this afternoon, staring at his wife—my sister. Chaeyoung herself was crying ugly, but–just like her husband–she was beaming like the sun. I guess that's why she was Son Chaeyoung. This was the happiest I've seen Chaeyoung, and it naturally made me happy too. Yori cupped Chaeyoung's cheeks tenderly. Chaeyoung tip-toed. Their eyes closed, bodies relaxing into each other. Their faces inched closer, and...

They kissed.

"Woo-hoo! STRAWBERRY COUPLE JJANG!" screamed Sana, jumping up from her seat.

Everyone giggled. I knew she'd been waiting for the moment that their lips met to scream those exact words, but... Sana was a Buddhist, so it was understandable that she didn't know that we would usually have to wait until after the priest declared Yori and Chaeyoung as a married couple before we could cheer and stand up from the pews. We all laughed, but we followed her example anyway. We stood up, and we started clapping for the newlyweds.

"Finally..." I muttered happily. I sensed the person standing next to me looking at me.
"Finally?" he asked.

I giggled and smiled at Tsuki.

"They're finally... Together forever," I clarified, "They registered their wedding earlier this year in Korea. But... Well, they're Catholics, so they'll only consider themselves officially married after they're blessed in a church."
"Ah... So desu ne..." muttered Tsuki.

He looked back to the front, clapping his hands excitedly, whole-heartedly. I allowed my gaze to linger on him. There was still so much he needed to learn. About Twice... About me... But... I was willing to wait it out, just like Chaeyoung waited for Yori. I wanted to guide him, make up for some of that time I'd lost with him. It felt odd having feelings for a boy I never really liked initially, but I guess time can really change some people.

"Alright... Umm... If you could just... Please... Return to your seats," said the Priest, looking slightly agitated.

Everyone took their seats, and now I heard Sana gasping as she realized her mistake.