Karuizawa Stories: For Your Heart, I'm Qualified

"ACHOO!"

Nayeon sneezed, the end of the tissue in front of her nose flying up under the force of her sneeze. I quickly got another piece of tissue to wipe away the bits of mucus on her nose that she missed.

 I quickly got another piece of tissue to wipe away the bits of mucus on her nose that she missed

"Fuck... I feel like... I'm gonna sneeze... My brains out... At this rate!" my girlfriend exclaimed in a nasal voice.

Tonight, the girls celebrated Chaeyoung's bridal shower in Okaeri, Tsuki's old izakaya in Kabuki-cho which was now run by Uehara Sachiko, Rachel's childhood best friend and former top hostess at a nearby club called Shine. It was an all-girls event-with Sana, Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Seulgi joining them after arriving from Seoul this morning-so Tsuki brought us to another bar in the area to celebrate Yori's bachelor party.

The evening went well, and we had a lot of fun talking and getting to know each other better, but at around 10, suddenly Tzuyu called me. She urgently told me to come to Okaeri, because Nayeon felt feverish. I rushed there, finding a sick-looking Nayeon leaning against her girlfriend's shoulder, and I accompanied the two back to the hotel.

I furrowed my brows and reached for the thermometer once more. I wiped the sweat pooling on Nayeon's forehead before placing the scanner against her forehead. I pulled the thermometer's trigger and waited for the temperature reading.

39.7°C

Shit... This wasn't good. On our way home from Okaeri, Nayeon admitted that she woke up this morning feeling terrible after waking up multiple times in the middle of the night, puking and having horrible stomach ache. She brushed it off and went about today as usual, but after heavy drinking at Chaeyoung's bridal shower, the symptoms returned, now made worse with flu-like symptoms as well: Coughing, sore throat, the whole package!

"Did she have a fever this morning when she woke up?" I asked Tzuyu. The maknae nodded slowly.
"Yes... But not this bad..." she sighed, before looking at her girlfriend, "I told you not to drink that much at Okaeri, Unnie... You didn't listen..."
"I know... Mianhae..." Nayeon sniffled, before blowing her nose again.

I sighed and shook my head. Nayeon, Tzuyu, and I shared the same suite, but I was sleeping alone in a separate bedroom last night because Nayeon was too excited to probe into what happened between Tzuyu and Son Jeonghoon-Chaeyoung's younger brother-during their trip to and from Karuizawa earlier last night, she insisted on waiting for Tzuyu to return, and it was already past midnight when I left her room to sleep after Tzuyu arrived.

Knowing Nayeon, she must have talked with Tzuyu for a couple hours at least, so this sickness might have come simply because she was too exhausted. Even though she was the oldest Unnie of Twice... Nayeon could be so childish at times. Most of the time I found her childishness adorable, but... Not now.

"Nayeon-ah... Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the hospital? This looks really bad..." I asked concernedly.

As expected, Nayeon shook her head stubbornly.