Chapter 28: On Borrowed Time...

I wake up stretching and I head into the bathroom and I prepare for the day.

I wash my hair in the shower,once I finish I put on deodorant and cologne on.

I brush my teeth with my toothbrush and I slick back my hair and I go wake Loo up.

She stretches and looks at me still a bit tired before saying.

"Mmm...Good Morning hubby~"

I hear her say as she gets up,I give her a loving kiss on the cheek and then I say to her

"Get dressed sweetie, I'll cook us breakfast while you get dressed and have your shower."

I say to her and she smiles at this before getting up out of bed and say.

"Ok...you big idiot~"

She gives me a kiss on the lips before walking to the bathroom to take her shower,I head into the kitchen to prep food.

I make a bacon and egg omelet for Loona with some orange juice and I make myself a coffee.

Loona comes into the kitchen and kisses my cheek before sitting down to eat at the kitchen table with me.

I remember I need Evan to come to work with us today to ensure that the client doesn't screw us over.

I open a portal and Evan comes through he looks at me and says good morning.

Once we finish eating we both head to the car to drive to work,I yawn still a bit tired,Evan is extremely tall so we have him bend his back so the hooks in his back don't ruin the roof of Loona's car.

"This is so fucking uncomfortable" Evan says but Loona looks at him saying to not get up.

We all arrive at the I.M.P building I help Evan out of the car,I equip my equipment from the trunk and Evan puts on his armor

P building I help Evan out of the car,I equip my equipment from the trunk and Evan puts on his armor

I hand Evan his deployable traps that I had custom made for when we head up.

We talk to the Client about who we need to kill,we are supposed to not only kill one guy but a whole organization.

Millie and Moxxie are up at the front of the meeting room,I head up and I make some discussion with Mox about our gameplan.

We discuss the main target he is like an overboss that controls multiple districts.

As we discuss our plan In more detail,I feel Loona hug me from behind.

"Loo you ok baby?" "Mhm~" I turn around and hug her back and we continue to hug for a solid couple of minutes.

Blitz comes in with Evan tells Loona to open the portal but before I go I hear Loona say.

"Be safe...for me."

I give her one quick kiss and I respond.

"I'll try Loo"

I run through catching up to the group I was told to observe the area of the complex up ahead.

It's heavily guarded by men armed to the teeth,they have cameras set up in the halls to spot any activity.

They also have an evac helicopter to relocate our target if anything happens.

I also locate a grate on the side wall of the complex small enough for me and Moxxie to fit through.

I retail this information to Blitz and we set up our plan of attack.

Me and Mox go in through the airduct and enter the camera room,killing the guards in the camera room.

I override the cameras and then I destroy the central computer so no one can trace the data.

"Target Is on the third floor" Moxxie says to me, we take a airduct up to the third floor and into the targets room I charge the target.

He spots me and runs to the alarm but I pin him down,ripping his arm off and I begin beating him to death with it.

A guard must have heard cause two of them burst in and start firing,I jump around the corner shooting one in the head as I dodge the other one shooting.

I radio in that were on red now and to start murdering everyone.

I begin shooting down the hall gunning down them as we run down the hall to the stairwell.

Once we reach the 1st floor we regroup at the lobby fighting hordes of gunman backs against each other's.

Evan cuts them down with his Machetes,I run out of magnum rounds so I resort to my fists.

We all eventually run out of rounds as they all surround us I look and see a grenade being thrown to our feet.

I do something that was worth doing for my family.

I push them all out of the way and I charge at them nade in hand and then I toss it.

It explodes and my body goes flying impacting into a wall.

*Evan Pov*

"Y/N!!!" I scream and I begin slashing them down as they load into me.

The 3 imps pick up the dead guys guns and begins to massacre everyone that is left alive.

When the violence subsides I run over to Y/N and I shake him hard,I exclaim for him to wake up...

He doesn't move or breathe in the slightest...

His whole cheek and neck are burned while his gut is Littered with shrapnel from the grenade.

"Wake up...Y/N...Wake the fuck up!!" I say slapping him "You did not...get this far to just die!!" His eyes don't open....

Black Blood leaks from his mouth,his whole body is limp...

Moxxie comes up to him and checks his wrists pulse and he doesn't feel anything right now but then Moxxie exclaims...

"He is Barely alive....WE NEED LOONA TO START UP THAT PORTAL UP RIGHT NOW"

Blitz immediately calls Loona and I pick Y/N up to carry him through the portal...

We walk through and she runs up to us seeing why we were so panicked...

She broke into tears at the sight of her beloved husband...

"Is he...." she whimpers out as she puts a hand on his cheek looking at his body

"No... but he is on Borrowed time.."
______________________________________
Thank you for reading