001

Trigger Warnings:

Scott sat on his balcony, swinging his legs back and forth. His light blue eyes were gazing down at his kingdom. The small houses were laid out alongside the cliff, their small blue roofs glinting in the sun and the villagers bustling through their motioning routines. The church was sat up at the very top of the mountain, it's quartz walls glinting in the morning sunlight. The palace was a level down from the church. It was not a huge place however it was certainly fit for a king.

Scott heard a horn sound from the eastern side of the kingdom. A figure on a grey horse galloped out of the bridge and up the rocky mountainside, headed towards the palace. Scott stood, putting his crown on his head. He turned and walked inside, through the doors of his bedroom and down the stairs. His cape billowing behind him, the gold trim skimming the edges of the steps.

The rider galloped through town, shouting to the villagers, "Out of my way! Message for King Scott". The villagers scurried into their houses murmuring and talking to one another.

Scott walked up to the large spruce doors. Pushing them open right as the rider galloped up to him. She jumped down, a scroll clutched in her hand. The rider had long brown hair and purple eyes. She wore a simple dress with off the shoulder sleeves and an indigo skirt. She had an apron covered in dirt, strapped around her waist.

"King Scott!" She exclaimed, running up to him.

"That is me" he said calmly. Walking up to her.

"Greetings from House Blossom" The rider said bowing low to him. "Queen Katherine has sent me bearing an important letter" She extended her hand, which held a scroll sealed with a daisy chain. Scott extended his arm, nodding his head. He grabbed the scroll and unrolled it.

My Dearest Scott,

I am writing with an urgent message. A few days ago an earthquake resonated through my kingdom, collapsing a few of my subject's homes. We were able to rebuild but I decided that I would go and investigate what had caused this. I went in the direction that the shockwave came from and you won't believe what I saw. I need you to come to House Blossom as fast as you can. We will all be effected by this.

Sincerely,
Queen Katherine of House Blossom

Scott read through the letter again. An earth quake? We haven't had an earthquake in over a hundred years. Scott looked at the messenger.

"Tell Queen Katherine that King Scott of Rivendell is on his way and will be there by tomorrow at Noon" The messenger nodded before quickly leaping onto her horse and galloping away, down the path.

Scott turned and swept his way into the palace. Walking through the halls and calling orders for his departure in the morning.

"Serafina, would you go and tell the stables to get my horse ready for departure." Scott said to a girl who looked around 16.

"Yes, your majesty"

"I am going to my chambers to pack my clothing" Scott said "I will be staying overnight".

"Of course your majesty"

.:():.

A small figure stood in front of a giant portal. It shone bright blue and stood stark against the blacks, and greens of the Undergrove. Her blonde hair was blowing in the slight breeze and her hand were raised, casting a spell.

A few feet away, behind a large boulder crouched a small elf. A black hood was up over their face and their green eyes glinted with fear and amazement. The demon floated up the slope and towards the young princess. He growled making her yelp in fear before releasing the spell and jumping through the portal. The demon quickly followed.

The little elf took their chance to sprint to the portal. Diving through right before it closed.

The elf fell through a strange dizzying realm. Passing out almost instantly. They fell out of the other side landing on soft grass and rolling down a tall hill. They woke up while they were rolling and tried to stop themselves but couldn't and fell into a small pond.

"Are you alright?" A sweet voice said behind them. They turned to see the girl from before standing behind them with a worried expression on her face. The elf shrunk back into the water.

"It's okay!" She said extending her arm. "My name is Princ- Queen Shelby" Her gaze turned from worried to sad her eyes looking off into the distance. The little elf stood up from the water, stepping out of the small pond and wringing out their cloak.

"Rel" They said shaking Queen Shelby's hand "Rel, from Rivendell"

AN: This was very fun to write. I hope that you all are enjoying this as much as me