010

Scott galloped through the forest, Rel's hands wrapped around his torso. He smiled slightly. They had drifted off about halfway home and their hands had fallen from gripping his shoulders, to hugging his torso.
   The horse suddenly broke tree cover and Scott had to shield his face from the sudden sunlight. He slowed the horse to a trot as they approached the covered bridge that led over the canyon to Rivendell village.
   Scott saw the bridge guards straighten as he approached. He flipped his hood up over his head, hoping that he would not be recognized.
   "Good afternoon, gentlemen" He said, deepening his tone.
   "Hello again" The guard on the left answered. "You left this morning did you not?"
   "Indeed"
   "Who, may I ask is..." the guard hesitated, looking at Rel's sleeping form, "...he?"
   "This is my little brother Ralph" Answered Scott. He didn't know who knew who Rel was. He thought it best to keep their identity a secret.
   "Very well than, Mr Dtaln, have a nice day" The guard wrote something in a notebook before waving him forward.
   Scott flicked the reigns of the horse and kicked his sides, they set off down the bridge at a fast trot. The view from here was spectacular, he had always thought so. The river winding through the mountains; the church lit up by the sun; and the village nestled in the shadow of the palace.
   As they reached the end of the bridge, Scott felt Rel stir.

.:():.

Rel opened their eyes, blinking the fuzz of sleep away. They were leaned up against a warm body, their arms wrapped around it. The sight that met their eyes was beautiful. It was Rivendell. It hadn't changed very much since they had been gone. The palace was still there, looking beautiful as ever. The church sat atop the mountain, glowing in the bright sun. The village seemed to have grown, new houses lined the cliff and some had been torn down. One thing that did look knew was a small shack next to the palace, and a large apiary with a glass dome that settled just below the palace.
   Rel's eyes shifted up the the person they were leaned against, their face immediately turned red. It was Scott. His hair covered by a hood and his eyes fixed on the road ahead.
   "Scott...?" Rel said sitting up slightly.
   "Ah your awake!" Scott said happily, he turned his head slightly towards them and they could see he was smiling.
   "How long was I out?"
   "A couple hours" Scott replied, running his hand over his head to remove his hood. "We arrived"
   "It hasn't changed..." Rel said, looking around.
   "You lived here before?" Scott said in surprise, his eyebrows shooting up.
   "Yeah..." Rel unhooked their arms from around Scott's waist, replacing them on his shoulders. "I lived near the outskirts, with my mom, dad, and sister..." Rel pointed to a small house near the edge of town. That was where they had grown up, and that was where they were taken away.
   "I am gonna head up to the Sheep Shack to sneak back into the palace, do you want me to drop you off?" Scott asked as they road through the gates and into town. People bustling around them.
   "That would be great" Rel smiled, "I'll see you again soon" Rel hopped off of the stallion, their hand lingering on Scott's knee before they flipped up their hood and walked away into the crowd.

.:():.

   Scott watched as The figure of Rel melted away into the busy street. He turned the horse towards the stables and trotted away towards where he had borrowed the beautiful stallion from.
   He slid off of the horses back, leading him into a stall and closing the door behind him. Scott wrote a quick note to the stable hands. stating that it was borrowed by the King and had been returned, he left a small pouch of gold with the note before pulling his hood up and walking away, through the street.
   Scott walked along, looking at many of the shops before arriving at the village palace gate. He walked around the right side of the walls and found what he was looking for. The thick vine that grew up the side of the wall at this particular spot.
   He grasped the vine in his hands before placing his feet on the wall and climbing up. He sat briefly of the top before jumping down the other side, diving into the bushes. The bush pulled at Scott's hair as he wormed his way out again. He walked up the short hill before coming to the cliff that separates the village layer from the palace layer of rock.
   The climb was tough, however he had done it so many times, it was a piece of cake. He reached the top with ease, sneaking over to the Sheep Shack and climbing over the protective wall. He entered the factory, passing all of the sheep until he came to the cyan sheep. Scott shimmied himself through a small gap at the back of the glass cage, popping through into a secret tunnel. He climbed down a short ladder before jogging along the wet and dirty passage.
   Barely any light was down here, except for the occasional torch on the wall.The floor was covered in a thin layer of gravel which was pocketed with a few puddles of water that Scott had to avoid. He jogged along until he came to yet another ladder. These ladders were flimsy and splintery, they felt like they would break at anytime but they never did. They always held fast.
   Scott arrived at a short landing before walking up to a singular wood wall, or that's what it seemed. He pushed on three triangles in the wood, which caused the wall to swing open.
   In front of Scott was a large room consisting of a bed, vanity, and desk. It was his room. He stepped out of the tunnel, closing the painting behind him. He walked over to a rope hung from the ceiling. ringing it three times in quick succession. This meant that he required hot water be brought to his adjoining bathroom. As much as Scott disliked being a royal, there were a few parts that he would admit were pretty nice.

AN: We hit the double digits guys! I hope you are liking the story so far. I am planning on connecting with the main Empires lore around Episode 12 of Scott's POV. This will consist of the Wedding and such. I also realized that I never said this in the last long AN; I understand that Scott is Gay. If he feels uncomfortable with me writing Rel as a Non-binary person, I will not hesitate to take the story down. The same goes for any kind of uncomfortability having to do with Scott's feelings on the matter of fanfiction. (Is uncomfortability even a word? No? Well it is now.) Also thank you so much to @CG2406 for the obscene amount of votes it really means a lot.