019

"S-scott?"

   Rel felt a pair of small arms wrap around them, and a head rest in their shoulder. They wiped their eyes trying to focus, seeing a head of wavy blonde hair and small white butterfly wings. Rel slowly wrapped their arms around the small girl hugging her close. The girl wiggled out of their hold, frowning at her.
   "Is you okay Mx?" The girl said, her bright blue eyes filled with sadness. Rel nodded slightly. "No you isn't, you was crying!" The girl seemed to be around 6 years old, her face suddenly filled with realization and she jumped up. "I know just what will make you better" She bolted out of the room, her little wings fluttering her along.
   "Lily!" Gem said, oh Gem was there to. Rel wiped her tears trying to make themself look presentable. "What is 7j&L ñ?" (rule 1)
   "No running, fluttering, or flying indoors" Lily's small voice said, "Oh..."
   "Yes Lily that is correct, now go and get what you want to get, but walk" Gem chuckled as the padding of Lily's feet slowed to a walk.
   "Rel are you alright?" Lady Katherine crouched down in front of them. "We saw what happened" Katherine said before looking at door and saying, "Well most of us"
"It is all my fault" Rel said, pulling their knees up to their chest as the tear threatened to spill again. "Scott is going to hate me and I... I..."
"It is not your fault" Rel looked up sniffing,
"S-scott what..."
"I saw everything," suddenly his arms were wrapped around them protectively, "It's not your fault." Lily trotted back in holding something protectively to her chest. She walked up to Rel, sitting beside them and handing them a small, fluffy, pink, sheep plushie.
   "Mx Pink always helps me when I am sad" Rel smiled slightly, taking the sheep into their arms.

.:():.

  Scott stood on the balcony looking up at the sky. It looked different from the sky in Rivendell. There was more of it. Scott heard a small sound next to him. He looked down to be met with Lily. Gem and Katherine had told him that Lily wanted to be a wizard and possessed the qualities. So their two empires worked together to send her to CCA, the Crystal Cliffs Academy. Lily looked up at him.
"Why you not sleeping?" She asked,
"I couldn't" Scott said smiling at the girl.
"That's weird," Lily said looking back at the sky. "The sky is pretty isn't it" Lily looked back at him and then back at the sky.
"Yeah it is" Scott answered
"Mommy once told me that all of the stars held the souls of the lost rulers, They watch over us as we go about our day," Scott turned back to the stars.
"Do you believe it?" Scott said
"No" He turned his head to her in surprise. She looked at him, "Of course I don't, they stay on the ground and continue to live. I meet with them sometimes." Scott gaped at her. This 6 year old child was talking to him about death and resurrection. "You were a stag," She kept her gaze fixed on the stars. "A stag with a broken family, a cruel brother, and golden horns," Lily looked back at him, "Like those" She pointed to his horns which were sticking out of his head. "I'm gonna go to bed," She turned and walked towards Gem's room. "I hope you can too Mr Scott" She them disappeared into the room leaving behind a stunned Scott.
Scott shook his head, his hair falling in his face. He slowly turned and walked inside, closing the doors behind him and locking them shut. The fire was crackling slightly as it slowly died down. Rel was lying on an armchair, no blankets covered them and they were curled around the small pink sheep, asleep. Scott pushed their hair out of their eyes, admiring the way that the firelight captured their facial features. He reached his arms under their legs and armpits, picking them up softly.
Rel wrapped their arms subconsciously around Scott's neck, seeming to hold onto him for dear life. The small pink sheep sat on the armchair. Scott walked up the few steps to the bed, laying Rel on the right side. Scott sighed pulling the quilt up and over their shoulders. As he turned away to go and set up one of the armchairs he felt a small pressure on his wrist. He spun to see Rel's beautiful green eyes glimmer in the darkness of the room.
"Please don't leave me..." Rel's eyes were pleading, sadness and fear apparent in them. Scott frowned slightly with worry before answering,
"Never" Scott climbed onto the bed, next to Rel, pulling the quilt over himself and relaxing into the pillow. He felt a pressure on his back, and turned his neck to see Rel's arms wrapped around his torso, pulling him to their chest. He smiled contently before laying his head down on the pillow and falling asleep.

AN: Hey Y'all! Sorry for the short chapter. If you follow me you know why I haven't been updating and I am not gonna waste y'all's time reading an insanely long authors note. If you want information just visit my profile ;) Go outside and get some exercise y'all, stay healthy!

~Syre