022

Rel had slowly started spending most of their time in the palace. Scott had gotten them a job as his personal assistant although Clive wasn't very happy that some of his duties were being taken over. At the moment Scott was sitting at his desk in his receiving chamber, Rel was lounging in in the chair in front of him.
   "So all that is left today is to check the crystal's corruption progression, as well as investigate some strange readings that the science department collected from a cave not far from here." Scott smiled. Rel was cute when they were focused.
   "Okay then," He said, pushing himself to his feet, "Let's start with the crystal" He walked around his desk and starting to walk to the door before he had a fun idea. He walked up behind Rel who was just starting to stand up and tackled them back down onto the chair, tickling them. Rel giggled, trying to push him off. There was a sudden knock on the door and Rel and Scott immediately jumped apart, their faces beetroot red.
   "Your Majesty!" The annoyed voice of Clive seeped through the door. "Your horses are ready when you both are." Scott listened as Clives footsteps echoed away. Rel nudged Scott's ribs as they walked past.
   "I'm gonna get you back for that Frostbite" Rel smirked before speed walking out of the room, "Clive! Do yo—". Their voice faded down the hallway as Scott stood still in the room. He shook his head and chuckled before grabbing his cape and crown, fastening them on his person.

.:():.

   "Clive! Do you know the coordinates of the cave disruption from earlier this morning?" Rel trotted to catch up with the butler. The older man turned his head to face them, not bothering to slow his pace.
   "Yes Rel"
   "Would you tell me please? I really—"
   "Yes Rel"
   "need to know because His Majesty wants to go directly from the crystal tower to the—"
   "Rel for the love of Aeor would you please be quiet!" Clive burst, stopping and spinning to capture their calm gaze with his angry one. "No matter how much you try you will never be as experienced as me. There is so much that you do not know about his majesty and so much that you don't deserve to know. I know your real class Rel and I am not afraid to use that information against you."
   "I may not have known Scott for as long as you have and I may not be as rich as you are Clive. But that means that I have beliefs and I certainly know more about Scott that you do. You are his Butler and will always remain his Butler. I am his personal assistant and I also happen to be his boyfriend so, in this situation, I happen to have more power than you." Rel exclaimed coldly, not realizing what they had just said. They stormed off down the hallway. "I would rather ask the professionals anyway"

.:():.

   Scott stood dumbfounded at what he had just overheard. Scott had come walking down the hallway when he heard Clive start to give Rel a talking to. He certainly did not expect Rel to make such a comeback. Scott was standing, pressed against the smooth quartz wall of the corner. He watched as Rel disappeared behind a doorway as they made their way to the Science wing. Did they really think of him in that way? They had called themselves his boyfriend so they must have more than just friendly feeling towards him.
   Clive stood in the middle of the abandoned hallway, his mouth wide open. Scott decided that this was a good time to step in. He swept around the corner, letting his cape sweep behind him.
   "Is something wrong Clive?" Scott said in a monotone voice, glancing over his face as it changed from dumbfounded to professional.
   "Nothing your majesty"
   "Good, now tell the kitchen I will be eating in my quarters tonight, and tell them to prepare for two."
   "Will do"
   "Thank you Clive" Scott swept down the hallway towards the staircase, not bothering to look back.

Scott and Rel galloped away from the palace, steering their horses down through the streets of the city and towards the south bridge. The villagers stopped and bowed slightly as they few past except for one. He was an older man with greying hair and wrinkles next to his eyes. He wore a dirty pair of overalls and a soft yellow shirt that was roped up to his elbows. He waved his arms in the air towards the pair of horses.
"Your majesty!" The man said, "Your majesty please!"
"Halt" Scott said to Rel as they both came to a stop next to the man.
"Your majesty! The corruption. It's spreading!" Scott stood skeptically.
"Really?"
"Yes! It has taken over my farm! All that will grow now are strange poisonous purple mushrooms and occasionally a nether wart."
"Show me," Scott nodded to Rel before turning his horse towards the man and walking after him. They walked through the village towards the outskirts. They stopped at a small wooden house that had a farm attached to the back.
"Here, Here" The farmer mumbled before walking over to the fence and opening the gate. "Come"
"Go ahead Frostbite, I'll watch the horses" Scott smiled, squeezing Rel's hand in his before he slid off of the horses back. He handed the reigns to Rel, before following the man into the fence.
Scott's mouth dropped open. Strange red goo covered the farm. Purple mushrooms and red vines sprouted from the ground, overtaking the crops. Scott crouched down to examine the ground.
"We have no more food, my family is starving, my oldest son died from starvation and my wife is sick." Scott looked up at him,
"That is horrible! Doesn't anyone help you?"
"No" The man said, looking at the ground, "They have the same problems" Scott's head perked up, he stood.
"Why didn't you file an urgent request? I would have seen it almost immediately!"
"Some guard named Cameron stopped me, he said you weren't taking urgent requests" Scott growled under his breath.
"I will do what is in my power" Scott said, standing up.
"Your majesty?" Scott turned towards the farmer, "The antlers, they suit you" Scott smiled,
"Thank you and here," Scott tossed the farmer a small brown bag that jingled, "This should help" Scott walked out onto the street, watching as Rel was squatting down next to a boy who looked to be about 9 and resembled Rel quite a bit. They seemed to be in deep conversation.
   "Rel? Who is this?"

.:():.

   Rel stood next to the horses, watching as Scott scurried along behind the farmer. He was adorable when he was focused. Rel hopped down from their horse, patting its neck as they did so.
   "Hey Rel!" Rel turned on their heel to see Anyn standing behind them, his wooden sword in his hand. Rel chuckled, squatting down to his height.
   "Hey Anyn! Gimme some!" Rel held out their fist, fist bumping him and then pretending that a sword was in their hands, they clashed their imaginary sword with his. Anyn pulled his hand back before acting like he stabbed Rel. Rel became all dramatic, "dying". Anyn jumped forward into their embrace. Rel rested their head on his before Anyn stepped back.
   "What are you doing with the royal horses? Does this have something to do with your new job that you won't tell me about?" Anyn said, crossing his arms, his toy sword still held in his hand.
   "Yeah bud" Rel said,
   "Rel? Who is this?" Rel's head snapped up to meet the gaze of the ruler of Rivendell, Scott himself. Anyn's mouth dropped open in shock and he gaped at the crown atop Scott's head. His gaze slowly moved between Scott and Rel. Rel stood up to their full height, pushing Scott behind one of the horses and out of sight of Anyn.
   "Scott what are you doing?"
   "Uhm... coming back to my assistant and horses?" Scott looked very confused yet compliant. Rel's hands were placed on his shoulders pushing him back against the horse.
   "Anyn doesn't know where I work or who I work for and he obviously know who you are!" Rel said, a panicked expression of their face.
   "Rel? What is going on?"

AN: Hey y'all! I am trying to get as many chapters out as possible for this weekend, it is Thanksgiving break where I live and so I have a lot of free time 🙃. And we all know that when Lazy Syre is bored the first thing they think about is writing 😐😑😐. Okay not very convincing. Also why the f did my font just change. I swear I did not do this. Anyway, love y'all!

~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️