025

"I'm the demon's brother?" Scott yelped. Rel was sitting down, their wings folded behind them. They were staring at him, their mouth open in shock. Rel said nothing. They just stood up and wrapped their arms (and wings) around him.
"No matter how much bad Xxornoth caused me and you and all of us, I will stay with you through it all. Okay?" Rel said, their face buried in the crook of Scott's neck. Scott hugged them back, still in shock at what he had just read.
"I love you" He whispered, pulling Rel closer and burying his face in their hair.
"I love you too, now let's figure out how to get out of here yeah?" Scott nodded and walked along side the brunette as they walked out of the ruins, hand in hand.

When they got to the bottom of the cliff, Rel stretched their wings as far out as they could, successfully slapping Scott in the face. This made both elves burst out laughing.
"Why don't you go on a few test flights before you fly, with me, all the way home."
"Yeah that's smart" Rel smiled, they stretched their wings again, tilting them up and down and flapping them a couple of times, getting maybe a foot of air for each flap. Rel looked back at Scott. "Wish me luck!". With that they flapped their wings harshly and flew up into the sky.

.:():.

Rel closed their eyes and let the wind rush through the feathers of their wings as they glided through the air. They tilted their right wing down, which caused the wind to catch strangely and they started to fall towards the ground. They straightened themselves out and spread their wings, slowing down enough to flap their wings again and shoot up into the air.
The feeling of flying was something that Rel would never forget. Something that would keep them alive, even in the darkest of times. Rel turned their head, accidentally causing their right wing to tilt ever so slightly. Instead of spiraling out of control, they glided to the right. Rel flapped their wings again, propelling themselves up. They then turned their head to the left, causing the same thing to happen.
"Woo!" Rel let out a little yelp of delight. They then pulled their wings in, turning into a dive that took them spiraling towards the ground. They pulled their wings out, right as they reached Scott, causing them to crash lightly into his back. They giggled.
"You did it!" Scott said flipping around and hugging them. Rel giggled.
"Let go!" They unraveled their belt and fastened Scott to their chest, clasping it securely. "Ready your majesty?" They said humorously. Scott gulped before saying,
"Are you sure this is a good idea?"
"Too late now!" Rel smirked, stretching their wings out and flapping them. A gust of wind blew their face as they flapped their large wings hard. Scott had his eyes pressed shut in fear and yelped as Rel evened out at a good height. "Don't close your eyes". Rel's voice was calm but they sounded concerned.
"Why?" Scott said threw clenched teeth.
"It makes the vertigo worse" Scott cracked open an eye, gasping at the view. The trees looked so small from up here and he could see the village coming into view.
"Woah, this is amazing!" Scott let out a chuckle before staring down at the ground.
"It is kind of grounding isn't it" Rel said, continuously flapping their wings.
"hm?"
"How small everything is from up here" Rel said, resting their head on top of his.
"Yeah, it's kind of crazy" Rel sighed,
"you ready to fly down?" Scott didn't realize it but they had been circling above the palace for a little while.
"Yeah" He said, "Shouldn't we take the belt off before we go down though?"
"Why?" Rel said, lifting their head up.
"I dunno, it'll look cooler if you just swoop in and drop me gently on the ground and then land on top of the palace." Rel laughed,
"Sounds fun! Let's do it." Scott maneuvered himself so that he was sitting on Rel's back. He unbuckled the belt, wrapping it around his wrist and rebuckling it so that he wouldn't lose it.
Scott maneuvered himself again, causing Rel to wobble in the air, so that Rel had their arms hooked under his armpits.
"Let's do this" Scott said, gripping Rel's arms with his hands. He could feel the muscles in their arms working to hold him up and his face turned pink. Rel turned into a dive, surprising Scott and causing him to scream slightly. They plummeted towards the ground at a high rate, reminding him of earlier that day. He felt he resistance of Rel's wings expanding and suddenly Rel's arm were digging into his arms.
"SEARCH PARTIES WILL LEAVE FOR THE HILLS IN 10 MINUTES." The calling voice of Clive echoed up from the valley. "WE MUST FIND KING SCOTT AT ALL COSTS." Rel smirked, flying down towards the platform behind Clive. The sun had just started to go down and darkness had started to consume the valley. Rel reached their fingers to Scott's collar, buttoning the top two buttons for him.
"Have fun Frostbite" Rel smiled before swooping down behind Clive and gently setting Scott down in his feet.
"HEY LOOK! ITS KING SCOTT!" A small girl who looked like she was about 10 yelled form the crowd. Rel flapped their wings, shooting up into the air like a firework. They showed off slightly by doing a barrel roll and then bursting their wings outs to their sides, hovering in the air for and moment and then flying into the clouds. They then started to glide down to Scott's balcony, careful to not attract attention.

AN: Dear god I am writing fast today. I think that this is the second chapter I finished today although I did write one more that I will not be posting 😈. I hope you enjoy the mischievous duo. Also, ONG THEY CONFESSED TO EACHOTHER FINALLY AND AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. *ahem* excuse me. Love y'all!

~ Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️