034

Scott pulled a small white cube out of his jacket, holding it delicately in his gloves. The three rulers were standing up on some scaffolding underneath the obsidian cage. Rel and Lily were up above them doing flips in the air.
"So this has worked to store corruption?" Scott asked gingerly placing the shulker box and watching it morph into its original size.
"Yeah..." Katherine said, "This is where I have been keeping it" Gem pulled a purple cube out of her cloak, similar to Scott, and placed it. Scott gently pushed the now large cube into the cage, letting it fall to the bottom with a thud.
"Well let's hope it still works," Gem exclaimed, pushing her box into the cage and letting it fall on top of Scott's. Katherine closed the top of the cage and locked it with her magical vines.
"Well I guess that's it?" Scott said, starting to climb down the scaffolding.
"That's it" Gem leapt off of the tower of scaffolding and floated down to the ground. Katherine giggled and used her magical vines to swing herself gently down from the top of the cage. Scott sighed and rolled his eyes at the women's antics. His feet hit the ground and a slight chill washed over him. He shivered slightly and wrapped his cloak around himself tightly.
   "Rel!" He yelled up at the two figures flipping around in the air. Only to find that one was nowhere to be seen and the other was diving down past the cliff edge and out of sight.
Scott and Katherine exchanged a glance and Katherine carefully wrapped her arms under his arm pits gently lifting him into the air as she flapped her wings. Gem cast some sort of spell and then seemed to step into the air and start to float up into the air, a few purple particles following her trail through the sky.

.:():.

Rel dove down through the trees, following the small fairy girl through the trees and landing on the ground next to a small but deep looking cave. Large amounts of lichen covered the mossy rocks and vines hung down covering the opening of the cave. A soft pat was placed on Rel's shoulder as they stared into the cave. They instantly turned, holding a fist up protectively. It was only Scott. Katherine was flying away into the sky waving one of her wings, and Professor Gem landed lightly on Rel's right.
"Where is Lily?" Gem asked, looking around the dense forest and glancing into the cave. Rel snapped out of their kind of a trance and placed their hand overtop of Scott's, scanning the trees.
"I think she went inside..." Rel pointed at the cave and started walking inside, Scott trailing after them. "I'll get her" Gem nodded, smiling, and stepped towards the trees, starting to pick a few clover from the ground. Scott smiled at Rel before walking into the cave, his hands up to his mouth.
"Lily!" He called, his call echoing through the lush caves.
Drip leaves lined the floor and glow berries hanging down lighting the cave eerily. As the two elves walked through the cave, calling Lily's name, a soft blue glow came from in front of them. Strange, glowing blue runes were engraved into the deep slate on either side of them. These runes seemed to be old Elvish, Candence had taught Rel a few phrases and words in modern Elvish but none of these were familiar. Scott on the other hand seemed to be a lot more intrigued by the engravings.
   "Scott?"
   "Oh yeah sorry let's keep looking," Scott shook his head for a moment before setting off down the dimly lit cave, pulling Rel along with him.

.:():.

   "Hello Stag" Lily clicked her tongue patting the large grey stag on the back a few times. The creature had golden horns that arched into the air in majestic curves and faint blue runes etched into its fur. It's black nose twitched and it's beady eyes stared directly at the small fairy. She had to flap her wings constantly to hover at its eye level. On its legs were similar patterns to the walls.
"Li—y" The echo of Rel's voice came from the opening that lead to the creatures cave. The walls glowed a strange pulsing blue and the leaves of the glow berry vines moving like there was a gentle breeze, however, not. Fallen glowing berries littered the mossy floor and small drip leaves crept the walls. It was quite cold in the cave and frost crept up the walls from the floor, causing Lily to shiver and move closer to the warm animal.
   "Lily there you a—" Rel started, only to be cut off by Scott.
   "What in the name of Aeor is that?"

AN: Hello my wonderful mers! It had been so long since I have last updated and I am so sorry. I have had really bad writers block on both of my books and I have just returned from a two week long vacation. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter (even if it was pretty short) and have a good day! Also...

OMG THE FINALE OF EMPIRES SEASON 1 I AM CRYING 😭

Alrighty then, have a good day!

~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️