037

TW: Torture

   Gem peeled her eyes slowly open. As her eyes focused she reached up to grab her staff. It wasn't there. Gem sat up, her head spinning for a moment before her eyes completely focused. She wasn't in the crystal cliffs. This wasn't her tower. Everything from the previous... day? hour? week? came back to her. She didn't know how long she had been asleep. She looked down at her clothing as she felt a chill. She was wearing her cotton tank top and brown under leggings. They were a pair of thin leggings she wore under her formal leggings to prevent itching and to keep her legs warm. Her thigh length red hair was loose down her back and tangled. She rubbed her bare arms and pulled her legs into a crisscross position as she examined her surroundings.
   Gem was situated in the corner of a tall black stone cage on a hard metal bed with a pokey straw mattress. Above her were multiple Stalactites hanging from the ceiling, slowly dripping water onto the hard stone floor. One wall had about an 8' opening that was covered in metal bars. Gem pushed her hair out of her face. It was already getting annoying.
   "Well, well, well" A deep voice sounded from the bars. Gem shrunk back against the wall.
   "Not so powerful without your staff huh?" A high pitched voice chuckled. Gem would recognize those voices anywhere.
   "What do you want Joey? Sausage? What have you done with Scott?" Joey stepped into the torch light, his purple and red crown glistening and his dark red eyes glittering with evil.
   "What do we want?" Sausage said stepping forward. This was the first time Gem had gotten a good look at him. "We want the egg", Gem's face hardened.
   "Never." Gem crossed her arms over her chest to hide her shivering. It's was cold down here.
   Suddenly a burst of light appeared and a searing pain cut through her arm. Gem screamed in pain and looked down at her shoulder.
"Let me rephrase myself," Sausage pulled the string of his bow back again, "You will give us the egg" Gem straightened her spine, her left hand still holding her right shoulder.
"Ne-never" She said. Another bright flash of light and burning pain on her stomach.
"G-gem?" A whisper from the other side of the wall. The two dark men turned their attention to Scott and Gem collapsed on her bed, letting a tear escape her eye. She used her magic as much as she could to heal herself.

Scott groaned as he sat up. He shivered with cold. He was sitting in a cell. There were puddles on the ground and dripstone hanging from the ceiling. He glanced towards the bars of the cell.
   "Ne-never" He heard a familiar voice say.
   "G-gem?" He whispered towards the wall. Suddenly, two familiar figures stepped into Scott's line of sight.
"Hello Brother-in-law" Joey exclaimed, leaning on the bars of Scott's cage, a sly grin on his face.
   "What do you want Joey?" Scott shivered as the cold air settled on his skin.
"What are you going to do with the egg Gem?" Joey turned back, walking towards the left, a menacing smirk on his face. Another flash of light and a whimper from Gem.
"JOEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STOP HURTING HER!" Joey chuckled,
"Oh Scott you really are empathetic. So weak." Sausage chuckled, flicking a spark of magic into Scott's cell. It floated towards him as he backed into the corner. It latched onto his arm and a burst of searing pain shot through his nerves. He let out a choked sob before curling into a ball on the floor.
"Don't hurt him! He has nothing to do with this."
"Just hand over the egg Gem. Then we can let you both free." Joey smirked as he pulled Sausages staff from his grasp.
"I can't give you the egg while i'm in here!" Gem sounded pained as she spoke but Joey just smiled, his sharp teeth gleaming.
"Which is why you tell us where it is."
"Just let Scott go..." Scott's head snapped up towards the whimper.
"Oh no, no no. You are egg girl Gem. Scott, Scott is brother boy." Scott was taken aback. How did Joey know?
"How did..."
"Did you really think your own brother didn't know you were related Scott?" Sausage let another spark fly from his staff and it swiftly latched onto Scott's leg, causing searing pain.
"I would say you're jealous Joey" Scott exclaimed before leaping at the bars and punching Joey clean in the jaw before he could retreat backwards.
"Well well well, he fights back." A flaming arrow shot at Scott and lodged in his right thigh, causing him to collapse in pain.
"Of course I fight back," Scott hissed, "You can't just keep us here, the other Empires will come looking for us!"
"What is so wrong with Xornoth anyways?"
"He is corrupting and destroying our world Joey! Just like he did to the Undergrove. There are tentacles all over our lands and you don't even bat an eye!" Gem said furiously. Sausages face hardened as he shot another arrow at her. Though she dodged it.
"This isn't you Joey..." Scott said quietly. Joeys face hardened and he walked to a table in the corner of the room. There were two plates, piled with stale food, that Joey placed just out of arms reach from the prisoners.
"We are done here, Sausage let's go." Sausage let two more sparks loose before following behind Joey and out of sight. One of the sparks landed on Scott's chest, causing him to double in pain. A second spark approached Gem's cell, but Scott leapt up and stretched out his arm as long as he could. It landed on his finger and Scott hissed in pain.
"Gem..." Scott started to talk but Gemini cut him off.
"No Scott, I don't want to talk to you." Scott was startled but nevertheless he sat on the stiff bed, wincing as he started to examine his leg wound.
"What did I do?"
"We were kidnapped in your Empire Scott! Inside the defenses! How did they get past?" Gem was obviously angry though she didn't seem hurt too terribly.
"It was in your Embassy Gem! Plus they have dark magic to their advantage. My crystal is fading and protections are down, how was I supposed to stop them?" Gem was quiet. Neither said a word to each other before a soft voice came from her cell.
"How are we gonna get out of here Scott?"
"I don't know Gem"

AN: Hey y'all! Sorry about everything. I have been really busy and my writers block has not been helpful. I got an idea for this chapter and remembered that I still had to write it. I will probably not be posting too commonly, however i'm gonna try. Sometimes that's all we can do, no? Anyways thanks for the wonderful support my mers.

~Syre