012

"I'm going out Mama!" A small boy yelled, walking out of a house. His short, dark brown hair blowing slightly in the mountain wind. He was wearing a dark grey shirt that was half untucked from his brown pants. He wore no shoes but his pants went down farther than his feet, and his slanted black eyes shimmered with happiness.
   "Alright! Have fun squirt!" A female voice yelled back, "Candence are you going to?"
   "Yeah mom!" A girl walked out of the house after the boy. She had sleek black hair and slightly slanted eyes. Her eyes were a bright green and her skin slightly yellow. She looked around 10 and she had a leather bag slung over her shoulder. "You ready Squirt?"
   "Yeah!" The little boy said, jumping up and down, "Let's go Candy!"
   "Alright, Alright" Candence said grabbing ahold of his hand, "Let's go!"

   They walked through town, stopping at various stores to buy stuff for Mama. As they walked into a store that seemed to be selling bread the boy caught sight of a pretty butterfly. He let go of Candence's hand leaving the store and running to catch the butterfly.
   "Look at Rel" The boy spun around in fright at hearing the voice. There were three boys standing in front of him. One had his arms crossed with a devilish smirk on his face. "He playing with a butterfly, like a girl"
   "N-no i'm not" Rel said, clasping his hands together, "I-i'm just looking"
   "Rel's a girl" One of the other kids joined in the teasing. Rel's eyes welled up with tears.
   "Leave me alone!" He yelled before running into an alleyway. He ran straight through and onto the next street. Not hearing his sister yelling for him.
   "REEEEELLL" Candence screamed running around the square looking for him, she saw a a group of boys standing around and laughing. "Tylani," She said, out of breath, "have you seen my brother?". The tallest boy turned and looked at her, still chuckling.
   "Candence?" He said in surprise, the smile on his face falling slightly. "Aren't you supposed to be at home?"
   "No," She spat at him standing up straighter, "Have you seen my brother?"
   "Um no?" Candence squinted at him in suspicion.
   "Okay..." As she turned around she heard a giggle slip his lips. In a heartbeat and spun around and socked him right in the face.

   Rel wandered through the streets, getting pushed around by a forest of legs. As he was shoved into another alley, he ran back as to not get pulled back into the fray. He climbed up on a pile of deposited pavement and sat on the top, looking out over the tops of the heads. He could see the palace in the distance and he knew he was a long way from home. He heard a horn sound and suddenly everyone moved to the sides of the street. He climbed down off of the boulders and walked out into the open space.
   "Kid!" He heard a man yell angrily, "Get out the way!" Rel turned and looked in fear at the processional stampede headed his way. He froze.

   Next thing Rel knew, he was being dragged back into the crowd by a tall man with dark skin and messy black hair. Rel couldn't really hear what he was saying, but he picked up a few things.
   "Sister... lost... father... bad" The man was dragging Rel by the collar of his shirt, his feet scraping the rocks on the street. Rel recognized the alley he was just sitting in and suddenly everything went black.

   "... ake up..." "...irl..." "...UP..." crack, Rel felt a hand hit his cheek and he bolted upright. In front of him stood a thing. That was the best he could describe it. It had pitch black horns that spiked out of its head and its skin was smokey and dark. It's snakelike eyes seemed to glare into his soul.
   "Candy...?" He said, still drowsy.
   "YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME GIRL" Rel jumped and cocked his head, confused. But i'm not a girl he thought. Or was he? He couldn't really remember. Agh his head hurt bad, like worse than when Candence fell... Candence... CANDENCE.
   "Let me go" Rel said standing up and wobbling slightly. "Please" The demon slapped him again making him fall against the sid rod the... cage?

.:():.

Rel bolted up. They were lying in a bed, their bed. Not a cage. They looked around quickly scanning every corner of the room. Suddenly they heard a small voice next to them.
"Rel?" Anyn said. He was wearing a pair of plain green pajamas and he was hugging a stuffed red panda to his chest.
"Yeah?"
"Are you okay?"
"mhm..." They rubbed their temples, closing their eyes. Anyn clambered up onto the bed, curling up against Rel's side. They lied back down pulling the blankets up over the two of them. Anyn smiled and hugged his red panda while snuggling into Rels side. Rel smiled, laying an arm over top of their younger brother. They glanced outside to see the moon was almost at its high. They waited a few minutes until Anyns steady breathing could be heard. They climbed out of bed, their bare feet hitting the floor with a shock. They quietly got dressed into darker clothing, a dark grey shirt and brown pants, with their dark grey cloak thrown over their shoulders.
They tucked their arms under Anyns knees and neck, carefully lifting him and walking his to his bedroom, where he instantly snuggled back into his pillow. Rel looked back at him one more time, before jumping out of the window, their cloak spreading behind them, making them look like a phantom.

AN: OMG guys! Thank you so much for the crazy amount of votes! I really appreciate it! I especially thank @Porjie for voting on so many chapters. I told y'all Anyn would come back, and I was right ;) Maybe you should listen to my warnings... >:)