023

"Rel? What is going on?"
   "My family doesn't know who I work for and they don't know about us" Scott stood pressed against his horse, his face slightly pink.
   "Why?"
   "I don't want them to see me differently"
   "Why would they do that?" Rel hesitated,
   "W-we haven't always had very much money and if they find out that I make the same amount of money per week as they earn per year... and I don't know if they will approve of two males liking eachother"
   "If they can't accept you than I will help you, do they know... wait, two males?" Rel's face turned bright red.
   "Rel what is...? What are you doing with King Scott?" Rel then realized how compromising their position was. Rel was standing, pressed up against Scott, their face inches from his. Scott's back was pressed up against his horse and he was leaning slightly forward. Both of their faces were beetroot red. Anyn had walked around the horse, his arms still crossed and a confused scowl on his face.
   "N-nothing, Anyn this is His Majesty King Scott of Rivendell. My-My boss." Anyns mouth dropped open, as Scott stood to his full height, brushing off his cloak and straightening it on his body.
   "Pleasure to meet you Anyn!" Anyn looked slightly like a fish as he searched for the words to say. He ended up saying,
   "Nicetimeetyoutoyourmajesty" With a deep bow, almost dropping his sword. Scott swiftly reached forward and caught it, flipping it around and passing it back to Anyn.
   "I think that you dropped this buddy" Anyn's arms had turned into noodles as he struggled to make his arms move to grab the sword.
   "T-thank you" Scott smiled before putting his arm around Rel's shoulder.
   "We need to go," Scott said facing Rel and nuzzling their hair. Rel was confused but happy with the sudden action, taking a moment to realize that Anyn was still standing there staring at the proceedings.
   "Okay Anyn, I will spar with you tonight and I may have a surprise for you but you need to go home, I am working." Rel smiled, before crouching down and hugging the small black haired boy.
   "Okay, I love you!"
   "I love you too buddy" Rel and Scott watched as Anyn mad his way up the street slightly before turning to a wall and lifting a board to reveal a secret passageway. Rel watched bored, as he left. Scott, on the other hand, was very curious.
   "Is that how he gets around?"
   "Yeah" Rel answered, "After I was taken away, the villagers in this sector, banded together to create a series of tunnels for their children to run around in, There are little entrances into each house that are labeled, and hidden entrances on the outside that only they know about. It is quite interesting really."
   "Wow" Scott answered, "We really should be going if we want to get those things done before sunset."
   "You're right" Rel exclaimed before mounting their horse. "Let's go"

.:():.

   The sun started to set as the duo galloped along a flat expanse of rocky grass, laughing amongst each other. The crystal had not progressed since the wedding and for that the king was grateful. The king had removed his crown and let his hair be in its naturally messy state. His golden antlers shone in the sunset, stretching above his head in two extravagant curves. Alongside him rode a thin and graceful elf, with fluffy brown hair and almond shaped eyes. They had removed their suit jacket and stuffed it into their saddlebag along with their tie. They were riding like children, swerving and bumping into each other.
Suddenly a loud noise echoed through the cliffs, spooking the kings horse and causing him to run towards the edge of a cliff. The brunette turned their horse and galloped after the king yelling at him to stop. A year trickled out of their eye as they pulled their horse in front of his to stop it. As it pulled to a stop, they found themselves at the very edge of the cliff, staring down the deep drop.
The king flew out of his saddle, grabbing for the brunette's hands as they reached out to him. He flew over their horse falling over the edge of the cliff. Time seemed to slow as the brunette shoved themselves off of the horse, throwing themselves to the edge and gripping tightly to the kings hand.
"SCOTT!" The brunette screamed, their grip on the cliff slipping as they started to slide forward. Their legs slid over the edge as their left hand tried desperately to find a grip. However, three fingers on their left hand were missing and their fingers were slowly slipping.
"It's alright Rel" They looked down at Scott's face, which was tear stained and sad. "I love you, save yourself" Scott let go of Rel's right hand, letting himself slip from their grasp and fall towards the ground.

AN: Omg it was even painful for me to stop where I did but... I have to be mean once and a while 😈. *ahem* Aaaaanyway, the reader count on this book is insane and with the rate it is growing I do have some announcements. If you want to skip past this, you won't hurt my feelings, I do it a lot when U read fan fictions and I won't be offended 😉.
~ We have hit 3k reads. That in insane thank you so much!
~ I have so many plans for 5k and I want your opinions.
-Q&A, If this is your choice, comment on this to ask your questions and I will do my best to answer 😜. There are no boundaries other than age. I will say now that I am a minor, so no inappropriate question please.

-Voice reveal?? Ik with a lot of the others here you probably won't pick this. But let me just clarify, this will not be me talking. This will be me singing. If this is chosen I will probably sing a few songs, including ones form the last chapters.

-Face reveal! This will be less exciting as All I will do is write a cheesy thank you and post a picture of my face.

You may only choose one to vote for 😈. Maybe if you are good little Mers I will do two. Thank you to all the people who have commented. I have really enjoyed seeing your thoughts and opinions on my book and I really appreciate it. I would encourage you to look at the string of public comments between myself and WattEntity . This was a very nice conversation to have and it is located in Chapter 022. I love all of y'all!
~Syre 🧜🏻‍♀️