008

Trigger Warning: Bullying

Scott was nervous. What if something did happen to the other empires. He had sent a letter to both the wizard Gem the Purple Hood, and the Count fWhip. Rel was still on his mind, however he had been so busy he hadn't had much time to think about them.

Scott decided to take a walk through the outskirts. Maybe that would calm him. He didn't know. He walked through the hallways, down the stairs and out the large wooden doors of the palace. The townsfolk were happy to see him out and about because he had been cooped up all week.

"King Scott! Would you like some bread?"

"King Scott, some carrots for your afternoon?"

"Cookies King Scott?"

Scott declined any of the food offered to him, saying that he already had enough in the palace. He quickly ducked into an alley way, changing his clothing and storing his crown in his leather bag. Scott changed his clothes into a plain weathered teal shirt with the ties on the college undone and loose. He wore a pair of ripped brown pants and muddy brown leather boots. He messed up his hair and attached a leather bracelet to his wrist

He looked like a totally different person. Although he was completely used to this by now. Sneaking around town as a commoner. It was nice, he liked wearing the baggy and dirty clothes. He walked back out of the alley and started walking down the street. As he turned a corner he saw a small child being picked on.

"You are nothing more than a tiny little worm" One of them sneered while the others laughed. Scott was fuming. Why would his people do this? And to a child!

The little boy was standing there hunched over, with his arms encasing his body. "Stop please..."

"Oh is the worm scared" One of the boys advanced on the child.

"Stop" They all turned towards the sound. There stood a young man, he looked about 20, he was wearing a teal shirt and brown pants. He looked mad. More than mad. He looked outraged. One of the older boys advanced on him, mostly forgetting about the younger child.

"What did you say?" The boys said, his voice filled with venom.

"I said, stop" the man said putting his hands on his hips. "and you will"

The boys burst out laughing, but before the leader could answer there was a crack as the young man's fist landed squarely on the boy's jaw. The boy was fuming now and as he rounded his fist up to punch back,

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" The man said smirking,

"And why not?" the boys didn't lower his fist but his voice held curiosity. The man reached behind him, picking up a brown leather bag. He reached inside, producing a sharp white and gold crown. He took it and placed it on his head. He fixed his hair slightly before looking the boys dead in the eye.

"Because your King demands it" The boys gaped at him. They immediately tried to apologize, bowing and pleading. He let them off with a warning and they ran away. The little child looked up at Scott, he was scared.

"T-thank you K-king S-scott" Scott knelt on the ground smiling a warm smile.

"It's okay little one," The boy smiled slightly. He had buzzed black hair and yellow skin, with little pointed ears. He seemed to be around 9 and he wore a red shirt and black shorts.

"What's your name?" Scott asked.

"Anyn" The boy answered.

"ANYN GET BACK HOME NOW!" Anyn sighed,

"That would be my mom" Anyn turned to walk away, "Thank you your majesty!" He walked away into the alleys and jumping over a fence, he was gone.

A little while later Scott was walking through the forest. Letting his mind wander. He was near the Great Cliff. The thing that separates the Rivendell Empire from House Blossom. It was a beautiful sight as he walked out of the woods and onto the rocks at the edge of the cliff.

Someone screamed. He didn't know who or what it was but they screamed. Before Scott even knew what he was doing, he was running along the side of the cliff, looking down the edge. He suddenly skidded to a stop and ran back a few feet. Scott kneeled down on the edge, staring over at the thousand foot drop below him. There on the side of the cliff, almost to the top, was Rel. They were hanging on by two fingers that were slipping fast. Their feet were scrabbling on the side of the cliff, and they were looking around frantically,

"HELP!!!" They screamed again, trying to get a grip with their right hand.

"REL!" Scott immediately swung himself over the edge, holding on with his right hand he reached down as far as he could, "GRAB ON, REL!" He yelled over the wind that was whipping past his face, threatening to yank him of the cliff and send him tumbling.

.:():.

Rel's vision was flashing black as they tried desperately to cling to the rock. They saw their life flash before their eyes; their mother's warm smile, the cold smirk of the demon, the sweet smile of their sister, and who knows, maybe they had another sibling that they never got to meet.

"REL!" They heard someone cry from the top of the cliff, they looked up, their eyes widening at who it was.

"King Scott..." the wind whipped away their words as they gripped harder to the rock, trying to get a grip with their right hand. Rel saw Scott flip himself over the top of the cliff, leaning down and stretching his arm out.

"Grab on, Rel" King Scott yelled, though it sounded quiet to Rel. They reached their right hand as far up as they could, but they were to far away. So Rel gripped their left hand harder to the rock, pushing themselves up ever so slightly, they grabbed Scott's hand.

AN: Another character close to my heart has made an appearance. I wonder who Anyn is? Maybe he will come back. This chapter is quite long, mostly because i was trying to do more of a filler chapter but also wanted to address the cliff hanger in the last chapter.