007

Trigger Warnings: ...

A woman floated above a small town, staring away at the horizon. She felt something. An aura. But it didn't seem right. There were strange red splotches appearing all over her land, starting from her border with House Blossom. She knew the Lady wasn't behind this. So who was?

The woman was wearing a long green dress that flowed in the wind and fell down slightly past her ankles. She wore a purple cape around her neck with fur along the edges and the hood pulled up around her head. Her purple boots looked made to withstand the cold and her long red hair was braided down her right shoulder. In her hand she held a large oak staff with a nether star floating on the top. She was floating above a village set into the cliffs. The roofs were made of translucent amethyst and the walls made of calcite. On top of the mountain sat a great tower upon which sat a large moon shaped crystal.

A snowy white owl suddenly swooped down from the clouds a letter held in its beak. The woman flew up towards it. It landed neatly on her shoulder before handing her the note.

Dearest Wizard Gem,

There have been disturbances along the border of house blossom, that we have found out, belong to a troop of settlers moving inland. We do not know who these people are, however we wanted to let you know in case you see any strange occurrences.

I have already contacted the Count. Please send me back a letter explaining any new occurrences. The owl knows the way.

Sincerely,
King Scott of Rivendell

Gem read through the note before snapping her fingers, producing a letter. She handed it to the small bird. It took the letter in its beak, spread its wings and flew off into the clouds toward Rivendell. Gem took one last glance at her village before retreating to the top of her tower, opening a book and reading through its pages

.:():.

Rel woke up, pine needles stabbing their sides and back. They had slept up in a pine tree for cover from prying eyes. They had been avoiding the Demon for a couple of days now, and they could see changes occurring each day they were gone. It was just like he said, he was going to destroy this world and consume it with the Under.

As Rel sat up they heard a hoot come from above. They saw a small snowy owl soaring overhead. It was a beautiful bird and one of the first things Rel noticed was the clip on its leg. It was teal and gold. The colors of Rivendell.

Rel sat up immediately, gathering their stuff as fast as they could. They needed to follow that owl. They slid down the tree and ran through the woods, looking up through the treetops as they ran, keeping an eye on the owl. They kept over boulders and tree stumps. Climbing over a couple of mountains until they suddenly came to a large cliff. It didn't seem to have any way around and it went up, angling towards Rel.

They stood there looking up in wonder. This must be where the start of the mountains begins. They flipped their hood off of their head, a determined look plastered on their face as they jumped as high as they could before grabbing at the rocks. Their right hand caught the edge of a rock and Rel quickly moved their left hand there as well to pull themselves up slightly. Their feet scrabbled on the rock but after a moment they found holds.

For the next hour or so, Rel scaled a cliff. They had never done this in their life however it was surprisingly less scary than being chained to the floor of a swinging cage, suspended over lava for 20 years. They were close to the top now, they just needed to... their foot slipped, then the other, they were hanging, hundred of feet above the ground from only the small holds their finger had in the rock. They looked down. A fall from this height would surely kill them. They started to try and swing their feet back to the rock but it was too angular. Their hands slipped until only their left two fingers were holding on. They did the last thing they could think of. They screamed.

AN: I hope that y'all are enjoying this. I write the entire first half of the chapter at 1 in the morning so please let me know if there are any errors. I made Gem's dress longer as to make the whole floating vibe more... idk... i just thought it looked better lol.