DR SAFEENA ABDULMALIK

"One day, we were walking on the streets of Dubai, we found you lying on the floor hopelessly. You were a baby then and you were unconscious So we decided to Take you without letting anyone know because we know how the country was and we came back here and did so many things for you. Birth certificate, Nationality etc "

"We are sorry Maryam" 

Maryam released a long sigh as she remembered those words. She remembered what Batool did and all what she feels now is betrayed. And again something about her Father's words weren't right. She started at space when their Father told them that:

Flashback shows Maryam sitting in the sitting room together with Jawahir and her parents

"Maryam" He called her name

"Naam Baba" She answered

"Please don't say no to this marriage please"

"Why Baba?"

"Maryam,  Alhaji Idris was the reason we are now what we are today. Since before you came to this world, we were poor Maryam. And After your Mother gave birth to you, we don't even have enough fees to pay the hospital. Talk less of your feeding and your mother's needs. I kept going helter skelter looking for Job but couldn't get. That was how we manged till the time you were 3 years old. I saw an AD of a new company so I decided to apply for job. Luckily for me I got the job and since I was among the pioneer employees , as time moves the Man promotes me. With time, we became best of friends and that was how our friendship moved on and eventually he opened another branch in Abuja and left the Kaduna branch for me. Maryam the Man saved our lives"

End of flashback

So what has been bordering Maryam was, from this story nothing indicates that they have ever been to Dubai before since he said they were poor and even thier necessities weren't available so how Manage? It sounds ridiculous right. Okay we could say that Maybe Abdullah's Father helped them but they met him After Maryam was 3 years. Maryam jumped off the chair she was sitting on and immersed back into the room. She opened her wardrobe and searched under her clothes. She sighed as she saw the file. She opened the file and searched through the papers. She smiled immediately her eyes fell on a file.

"Birth certificate" She mumbled under her breath

•••

"For how long would we be doing this Maryam? I said am sorry I repeat am sorry"

She chuckled packing her clothes into the bag "You don't hate me. You despise me. Was this not your words? You just left me without any note.  why didn't you care to at least tell me what I did to you that time? I even tried confronting you to ask you but what did you say-"

"Maryam please let bygones be bygones"

"Bygones? To you they are bygones? Well to me they aren't"

"Maryam those who did this wanted us to have misunderstanding and part ways and by you leaving now it's like you are telling them they've succeeded"

She mashed her lips together "Hey Mr Man I never told you that I'm leaving because of what had happened and I never told  you that I'm not coming back"

"Are you sure?"

She rolled her eyes "Then I'm changing my mind "

"No! Sorry sorry!"

"But that doesn't mean that we've sorted everything out. I didn't forget the fact that I'm angry at you"

He kept quiet and decided to hug her. She tired wriggling out of his hold but couldn't "Quit making me late I have to leave now" He quickly released her helping her drop the trolley on the ground. He took her to train station and she headed to Kaduna