Part Seven : The Smell of Cigarettes & Feet

[A/N] I'm sort of skimming over this arc but it's the infinite devil arc i think, so spoilers for those who haven't read this far yet

"Himeno?" I said, the woman, as well as a group of people were approaching us.

There was a tallish looking man, a small girl, and of course, Himeno.

There was a short chance for everyone to converse before we entered the building, from what I could tell, most of these people pissed me off.

I just stood to the side and glared at the hotel, something felt off, maybe it was the fragment from the gun devil, or maybe it was something else.

We were in search of the gun devil, this would be one step closer to making Aki's dream a reality.

I wanted to help in any way possible.

...

"We're gonna die here." Kobeni, a blank slate fell over her eyes, her hands shook as she attempted to place her hands on her cheeks.

This chick was pissing me off the most.

"I'm going to bed." Denji said, I agreed, taking the spot beside him.

Aki scoffed, making a sour expression.

"Wake me up when we can leave the eighth floor." I said, getting comfy.

"They actually fell asleep." Aki said...

"Time to wake up!" Himeno shouted, I jolted upwards, looking around at the room.

"Did you find the devil?" I asked, my hair was messy and tangled now.

"We have, but the situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse." Himeno said, she sighed and pulled out a cigarette.

"You got another?" Aki asked, the woman fished for her box, holding it in front of Aki.

He grabbed it and lit his end from Himenos. 

My hands turned to fists, and all I could do was just sit there and watch.

I got up and fixed my hair, glaring at my reflection through the bathroom mirror.

I slyly followed the others, a salty feeling building up. I found myself hating Himeno again.

"Oh Shit." I said, I had been distracted by the devil in front of us. It was grotesque, it's body was strange, like something out of a junji ito book.

"Denji! I must take the chainsaws heart!" The devil shouted, everyone turned towards Denji, eerie smiles rested on their faces.

"What are you doing! Get eaten!" Kobeni shouted, her fear stricken face turned to a much more murderous one. She held her knife tightly, ready to charge any one of us.

"This was a fucking trap." Aki said, placing a palm to his forehead.

Himeno stepped in front of Kobeni, she placed a hand on Denji's shoulder.

"Denji, the best option would be for you to get eaten." Himeno said.

"You too!" Denji protested, surprised that the woman had sided with the little girl.

Power joined team kill Denji, and I just stood there like a dumbass.

"This is dumb, we shouldn't give that devil what it wants, think of the consequences. Who knows what could happen." I said, Denji nodded strongly, sending me the slightest of smirks.

"You shouldn't kill Denji, (y/n) spelled it out perfectly." Hayakawa added, I smiled like crazy after that.

There was a great deal of bickering that went on after that, the initial choice was that Denji would bait himself, and he would kill the devil himself. He seemed capable enough, and it was the one thing everyone could agree on.