Part Twenty-Eight : The Gun Devil Returns

When I awoke Aki was gone.

I wasn't worried, maybe he had gone to the grocery store. We were low on items too.

That had to be it.

I had to let him breathe, I was too clingy right now. Plus he had left recently, his side of the bed was still warm.

There were notes left behind anywhere, so he wasn't leaving us. Maybe Makima had called for a special meeting. I didn't trust her, but I knew he'd be safe when with the woman.

He had to be fine.

I came back to the bedroom, that's when I spotted it.

I had mistaken it for a tissue, it was a note.

~Note~

I'm going to visit angel. He's been sick in the hospital.

Don't freak out if I'm not back tonight, Makimas planned something at the beach.

-Aki

I sighed and placed the note down, I didn't like Angel.

He was snarky and pessimistic, though he wasn't barbaric like the other devils. I pitied him sometimes.

He was practically enslaved to Makima, though I wondered if it was by choice?

Aki would be back, and the beach would be a good change of scenery for him.

...

Denji had stolen the note from Aki's room.

"How come we don't get to go to the beach with Makima." He protested.

"I dunno, maybe he wanted to go alone. It might just be boring business stuff." I said, I sighed and continued doing the dishes.

"No fair."

...

I plopped back onto the couch, lazily turning on the television.

It suddenly shut off, which was unusual. I rushed to it, trying to figure out the source of its sudden shut off. 

There were no broken wires, and the antenna hadn't been moved. 

"What the-." I muttered, maybe we could buy a new one. I'd take Aki to come get it with me.

Third Person POV

A certain feeling of suspense was in the air. Strange noises surrounded the apartment. An eerie atmosphere had washed over the place.

(y/n) felt odd, something was about to go wrong. Though she couldn't figure out what.

Denji and Power were doing their usual lying around, the paid no attention to the sudden change in mood. Maybe only (y/n) could sense it?

Hayakawa was still absent, it was the next morning, he would be arriving any moment now.

That is if he kept to his promise in the letter.

He may not ever return to them, he may be gone forever.

What was the problem with the apartment, why was it so gloomy.

Was it the clouds that covered the sky, or maybe the car crash that had happened only a few blocks away. She couldn't put a finger on it, she couldn't understand it.

The doorbell rang, causing everyone to jump up. 

(y/n) was hesitant about opening it, though she quickly remembered who it could be.