Part Twenty : Change of Plans/ Gun-Head Returns

Makima had called in our division to discuss our plans for future missions.

The mood was off, a sad feeling was in the air.

Hayakawa had chosen to withdraw our division from the gun devil mission. His intentions were unclear, what could be his reason.

"You will be withdrawing Hayakawa, but the others will remain. I need all three devils." Makima uttered, her expression was cold, almost madenning.

The words had stricken a chord within the poor man. Aki had come to terms with the situation.

His concerns would only heighten from now on.

"I'll join back then." Aki said, his face was stern, his eyes narrowly looking at the ginger.

Makima nodded, it was followed by an inhumane smile.

"Very well."

...

The group collected outside, Makimas words had intrigued us, though for bad reasons.

The gun devil was merely an idea now, this changed everything, the entirety of our mission had gone south. 

"This changes everything." Aki muttered.

He sunk down on a nearby park bench, staring lifelessly at the cracked asphalt.

"We're waging war against the world; you devils will be the front lines." He added.

I felt sick, this didn't feel right, it couldn't be right.

I gripped my stomach, throwing up in a nearby trash can.

I was unsure if it was due to the situation, or due to the rotten breakfast that I had consumed. Maybe a mix of both. But I still felt uneasy afterwards.

I wondered what Aki thought, his whole reason for living was gone. He had dedicated, wasted away his life for this moment.

A moment that perhaps never even existed, a moment that could never happen.

"What will you do now Hayakawa." I inquired, I wanted to hear his thoughts, wherever he goes, I would surely follow.

Aki turned to me, he wore tired eyes, eyes that were through with living.

"I guess now I wait to die." Aki said, he had accepted his death, his faith, a death by the ***** of *** ***********

[A/N] Fill in the blanks 😭😭😭

...

The walk home was silent, though Power still threw herself over Denji with every passing shadow.

I stood beside Hayakawa. It was selfish to think of these things now, but this mean that we would never date?

The gun devil was gone, did that mean my chances were gone as well?

I hoped not, though for the most part I was content spending my days with him.

Any time spent was worth it, especially when one's life is limited.

Aki was alive, that was all that mattered to me.

...

"Aki!" I shouted, jolting upwards.

In my dream I saw that thing again, the monster.

It looked like the gun devil, though I knew it couldn't be him.

He had long black hair, and a gun for a face. His appearance caused my body to enter a strange state, like a shocked state.

I found myself in near death experiences whenever he appeared in my dreams.

The pain felt so real, I was lucky to wake up unscathed.

"(y/n)?" Hayakawa muttered, his eyes were nearly closed, he rubbed them, and eventually made his way to me.

"H-he's back." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around myself.

I had told Aki about the figure, but I left out the major details, he only knew of the gun for a face.

I couldnt tell him that the thing resembled him. I feared that he'd transform before my eyes, and my nightmares would become the harshest reality.

"I-, it was too real this time. It felt so real. He came and attacked us, and he hurt me badly. I woke up after that." I said quickly, I was on the verge of tears. 

My eyes were clouded with tears, my breathing increased, nearly to the point of panting.

Aki sat beside me, he had an arm around me.

"Im never falling asleep again." I mumbled, burying my face in his chest.

By then I had let it all out. 

"I'm so scared Aki." I said, my words were muffled.

"Come on." Hayakawa said, he helped me up, dragging me to his room.

"You have to fall asleep, you're miserable if you don't." Hayakawa sighed, he gestured for me to join him. 

I brushed up close to Hayakawa, he kept me wamr.

I felt better knowing that he was beside me, I was at ease when near him. 

His presence alone was a calming matter, I couldn't understand why.

Though I didn't question it.

I fell asleep shortly after that.