Part Seventeen : The Old Hayakawa Returns

[A/N] Someone reply to this should I reveal who Aki likes and who he loves, I mean it's revealed but wayyy later on in the fic and it also changes over time soo 

I sighed as I looked out the window, cars were passing by, and people were doing their usual wandering around the city.

Kishibe had called me in to speak with him, alone.

I wondered why.

He had been training Denji and Power, maybe it was my turn now.

I didn't remember how I got back to the apartment last night, I just remembered Hayakawa muttering something, and a warm feeling around me.

Maybe he had found me, and maybe he carried me home.

That seemed like something he would do.

He didn't mention anything when I woke up, but I was also hiding from him.

I couldn't speak to him at the moment.

...

I walked through the numerous office spaces, there were so many hopeless faces placed behind outdated computers.

It was surprisingly loud inside, the workers spoke to keep themselves awake, and somewhat joyful.

If you looked closely enough you could see their fear, they worked for the Bureau after all.

There was always gruesome atrocities around every corner.

Who knows what remained in the dark corridors downstairs.

I wondered if there was anyone truly sane in this room, I knew that they would be the first to die.

"There you are." Kishibe said, he scared me badly.

"You're a jumpy one, c'mon." He said, he dragged me to a lonesome office room.

He sat down behind a desk, he looked so tired.

His eyes turned, eventually reaching me.

"You look depressed." He said plainly.

Was it that obvious, I guess so. I hadn't been able to sleep again.

"A lot of things have been happening." 

"What kind of things." Kishibe asked, this had to be part of the training, or maybe he got some weird kick out of asking strange questions.

I didn't know much about him, Denji hadn't really relayed much useful info about Kishibe. He just said that he was nearly insane.

"Stuff.. Why did you call me." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Answer me first, this is a test. Aki reported to me a while ago, he mentioned that you were strangely human." Kishibe said, my eyes widened.

Why did Hayakawa do that, was it out of concern, or to get rid of me?

Kishibe handed me flowers.

I smelled them, admired their colors.

I took a bite of one, but the taste was horrendous.

"You can't even eat em." I said, sounding discouraged.

It had such beautiful colors, but such an ugly flavor.

I wondered what kind of test Kishibe would put me through.

"How many people have you seen (y/n)." Kishibe asked, I thought for a while.

All those corpses in the alleyway, all those bystanders, had I killed someone as well?

"A lot, if I had to guess .. 30 or more."