Part Nineteen : Return From the Depths of Hell

Things weren't the same upon our arrival from hell, nothing felt the same.

Our division was in shambles, we had taken a hit, right to the heart.

Somehow Denji, Power, and I made it out with no damage.

Well, no necessarily. Power was deathly afraid of darkness. She was the crybaby now.

I had grown accustomed to the darkness at a young age, it didn't bother me much, and I still didn't fear it.

My biggest and most terrifying concern was Hayakawa's wellbeing. 

He had a bleak and useless expression on his face. He always brought a storm cloud with him, it remained above his head, casting a dark shadow over everything he saw. His world had become so grim, it hardly ever lit up like it used to.

^^figuratively speaking.

Aki had lost his arm in hell, he could never get it back. It had come to my attention that he had left more than just his arm there, though that wouldn't be clear until later.

For now I chose to wind down, Denji was still looking after the fearful Power.

I wanted to take a bath, it was getting colder now, I needed some warmth.

...

I disappeared to the bathroom, drawing the water.

I stripped, eventually slipping into the tub. I sat back and closed my eyes, feeling a wave of tranquility wash over me.

Hayakawa opened the door, his shirt already off. At first he didn't notice me.

His pants began to drop.

"Hi Aki." I mumbled, I was pouring bubble bath solution into the tub.

He jumped back slightly, his cheeks were rosy again.

"Go ahead and shower, I'll close my eyes." I said, sinking my head below the water.

"Wait!" Hayakawa said, I resurfaced, glancing at him.

"I was planning on taking a bath." He muttered, I chuckled, looking to the side.

"I see."

"Well come on in, the waters fine." I said, closing my eyes and smiling.

"I can't do that. I'll wait til your finished." Hayakawa said.

"You humans and your privacy." I muttered, sinking my head below the water.

Hayakawa came back ten minutes later, he claimed that he really wanted to take a bath and was feeling rather sore. I wondered if he had any ulterior motives.

I closed my eyes when he undressed, he laughed at this notion.

My cheeks burned when our skin touched.

"It's nice right." I mumbled, my face began to burn.

Hayakawa took out his hair, it soon fell down to his shoulders.

"Too hot." He said.

"It is not." I pleaded.

"Wrong kind of hot." Hayakawa said.

"What other kind of."

"Shhh." Aki said, he hushed my lips.

"Don't over think it, you always do that y'know. Part of life is not expecting whats going to happen next. Who knows, maybe you'll be surprised for once." Hayakawa said, he sounded like an old man preaching proverbs.

I took his words to heart, maybe I overthought things, for the worse.

...

I laid back, my head resting on Hayakawa's arm.

"I like this." I said, burrowing myself.

"Yeah."

I glanced at Hayakawa, he had lost his left arm.

"I'm sorry about your arm." I said, Aki just sighed. I wondered if he really cared, and I wondered if it really bothered him.

Hayakawa just chuckled, his smile didn't fade after that.

"I can still do my job. That's all that matters."

"You always make me smile (y/n), thank you for that." 

Aki kissed my forehead, he slowly got up, reaching for his towel on the floor.

I shouldn't have watched that.

"It's no big de- Sorry!" I shouted, covering my eyes.

Hayakawa made a towel dress, then he removed the hands that covered my eyes.

"It's fine, its pay back for the many times I've walked in on you changing."

I nodded, sinking my head beneath the bath water.

[A/N] Stop this ff is coming to an end im sad, also another short chapter, next will be longer i promise

also idk what to write next, maybe ill just finish the other ff that ive left unattended also pls comment some ideas im out of them

actually im thinking of writing a sebastian michealis one but thats tricky 

anyways happy almost halloween