Chapter 38

It was a living hell, for everyone.

The next day Katsuki packed up both his and Katsumas things early that morning.

He knocked on her door to get no reply back, opening the door she wasn't there. He only sighed before grabbing her suitcase from the corner of the room and putting everything she brought in the bag.

Guessing she probably went for a walk on the beach before leaving. Packing all her things and bringing the suite downstairs, as they had to leave in an hour to the airport.

"Katsuma?" He opened his door, seeing the boy struggle to tie his shoes. "The hell you doing brat?" He smiled walking up to him and bringing him down, swapping his hands away and tying his shoes.

"I was trying to surprise her..." The boy pouted and looked down. "Tell her that, I mean you did tie that shoe pretty good. And who knows you can make her day." He smiled and nodded his head.

"Is she still here?"

"Yeah, but I think she went for a walk or probably to grab some food and clear her mind a bit before we go back home." He said, giving him a small smile.

Kastuma could see the pain and hurt in his fathers' eyes, even though he tried his best to hide it away. It was pretty obvious, his eyes were red, the dark bags under them, and the way his whole body was shaking.

"Are- are you okay?" He tilted his head, looking at his father worriedly. "I'll be fine. Just- I'm just really tired."

"Take a thirty-minute nap!"

"Not that kind of tired..."

"Oh..."

It was quiet as the boy watched his father go into the bathroom and splash some water on his face. "Grab something from the fridge to eat! Your gonna have something on the plane so grab something small."

With that Katsuki left out the room and went into the living room before laying on the couch exhausted. He fell asleep on the couch holding the pillow and pulling the blanket over his body.

After a while a soft hand landed on his back, rubbing in circular motions. He groaned a bit before waking up, looking at Izumi who also had red eyes and bags under her eyes.

"I brought breakfast earlier, Katsuma already ate. But we have to leave before we kiss our flight, you can eat in the car." And with that, she walked away grabbing hers and Katsuma bag, and brings them to the car.

  Katsuki got up, and grabbed his things, and walked out. The car ride was silent, even Katsuma didn't say a word or ask to okay a game, nothing.

Just the low sound of the music playing in the background.

Even Katsuki was pretty sure the driver didn't know what was going on either, and he could see that something wasn't right with them all.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, looking back at them in the review mirror. Usually, Izumi would reply in a cheerful voice but she just held Katsumas hand tighter and closed her eyes taking a breath.

"Everything is fine, we're all just really tired. Didn't get much rest last night." And quickly, the driver blushed up.

"I- Oh! Uhm- I'm sorry for asking, heh."

Katsuki only shook his head, he knew it didn't sound right but damn this loser was delusional. "Calm down, nothing like that."

The rest of the drive was quiet, Katsuki looked at Izumi here and there. Her eyes were dull and no longer filled with that cheerful person anymore, it was just empty.