22 - taylor swift

a/n: i know not everyone celebrates christmas, so feel free to use your imagination if you don't. this was also supposed to be posted on taylor's birthday, but i have the memory of a gold fish and then i got covid, so ya know. oops. 

You had just woken up and left your room when you were startled by your girlfriend yelping and telling you to close your eyes. "Don't look I'm wrapping one of your presents!" she yelled and you immediatly shut your eyes and put your hands over them. 

After a couple of seconds you were finally able to open your eyes when Taylor spoke up again, though much more gentle this time. "Okay, now you can open your eyes," she said, now standing in front of you, gently removing your hands from your eyes. 

"I would have appreciated a heads up, you know," you said, grinning. She let out a soft giggle and nodded. "I know, but you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you," she explained, earning a smile from you. 

"Well I appreciate that," you replied and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "But now that I've wrapped all your presents, we can sit on the couch, watch Christmas movies, and drink hot cocoa," she said happily and you chuckled. "Sounds perfect."

You grabbed practically all the blankets in the house and sat down on the couch, while Taylor got the hot cocoa ready and picked out a movie. She ended up picking "The Holiday", as you had never seen it before. 

Once Taylor sat down next to you and handed you your mug, you instantly cuddled up next to her, resting your head on her shoulder. "Think you'll make it to the end of the movie?" she asked as a joke, but it was also genuine, as you had a tendancy to fall asleep during movies. "Probably not," you said contently, already closing your eyes and taking a sip of your hot cocoa, already feeling the sleepiness take over. 

Taylor laughed softly and sat her drink down on the table, now running her fingers through your hair. She took your drink from your hands as well when she noticed you started to doze off. "Well, two for me then," she said to herself, taking a quick sip. "Good night, Y/N," she whispered and gently kissed your forehead.