26 - brie larson ²

requested by: xanthreee, jayshiaah, & scarletbelova

It had been a couple weeks since Brie had sneaked that piece of paper into your hand. And after hours upon hours of contemplating with yourself whether you should text her or not the morning after, you finally did. 

Now you were getting ready for y'all's first date. And to say you were nervous was the understatement of the century. You spent all of last night trying to pick an outfit, and you had gotten zero sleep. 

After just sitting on your couch and staring at your wall for what felt like hours, you finally heard someone knock on your door. You stand up with a sigh and walk to the door, waiting a few seconds before opening it. 

"Hello, gorgeous," Brie said, a small smirk across her lips. You grinned at the blonde, leaning against the open door. "Hey," you said softly, taking in a deep breath. Okay, time to act cool

"You ready to go?" She asked and you nodded. You walked forward as she took a step back, closing the door behind you. You smiled as she held her arm out for you, hooking your arm around hers. "So, are you finally going to reveal where we're going?" You asked her. She had told you to dress casually. But had never specified where exactly you were going. 

Brie shook her head. "You'll see when we get there," she said, amusement in her voice. You rolled your eyes, though your expression had amusement in it. "Honesty is the best policy," you pushed, grinning.

She shrugged, a smile tugging at her lips. "Technically I'm not lying. I'm just not telling you," she replied. You huffed, pouting at her. "I see how it is," you said.

*🏳‍🌈🌈 time skip brought to you by me wishing you all a happy pride, be gay do crime 🌈🏳‍🌈*

Mid-way through the ride there, Brie had tied a blindfold over your eyes so you couldn't see. If it was possible, you would've let the car consume you. But unfortunately, it wasn't. But Brie had been able to make it bearable. Telling you dumb jokes and puns the entire way there. 

"And we've arrived," she said immediately after the car had stopped. Before you could even say anything, Brie had exited the vehicle. You raised your eyebrow but a couple seconds later you heard the door beside you open. "Come on, I'll help you get out," she said gently. You hadn't even realized how close she was to you. So, when she spoke so close to your ear you jumped, you could feel your face start to heat up slightly. 

You took her hand and carefully stepped out. She guided you to the entrance of the building. You hadn't expected the weather to change so heavily. You felt a chill go up your spine. Brie noticed and wrapped her arms around you. You practically melted into her touch. The other woman just smirked. Not that you were aware of it anyway. As you were still blinded. 

"You're really warm," you mumbled. You had meant to just say it in your head. But it slipped out of your mouth. Brie just chuckled. "Someone has to be. You feel like a popsicle," she joked, earning a soft giggle from you. 

You finally approached the entrance after walking for what felt like forever. But then again that could be because you were moving like a sloth because you were afraid to trip over yourself and make both you and Brie fall onto the concrete. 

Brie let go of you and walked behind you, slowly taking off the blindfold. You let out a small gasp when you realized where you were, immediately turning around to face Brie, who just snickered. "How'd you know?!" You asked her. Though you only realized after you said it how dumb the question was. As you knew you had mentioned how badly you wanted to go the amusement park your guardian(s) used to take you when you were young. But had been too swamped to go by yourself lately. 

She just shrugged. "I'm a mind reader," she joked, making you laugh. "Now, come on, we've got games to play," she said excitedly, grabbing your hand and dragging you into the park.

*another time skip brought to you by me being lazy*

You and Brie had gone on almost every ride in the park and played every game. Or what felt like it. You knew there were more. But you were exhausted. You dragged Brie along to a nearby bench and sat down with a sigh. "We're gonna have to come back some day to finish," you joked, a smirk across your lips. Though you were somewhat serious. 

Brie chuckled. "Are you asking me on a 2nd date, Y/L/N?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at you. You shrugged. "Maybe," you replied. Brie smiled at you. "Well, either way. I accept," she said, slowly inching closer to you. 

You looked down at the ground, smiling. "I have had a lot of fun. Thank you for this," you said. You could suddenly feel how close she had gotten to you. You were inches away from each other. A small gap in between. She didn't say anything, she just looked in between your eyes and your lips as you copied her gaze. You looked her in the eyes and knew what she was asking. She didn't have to say it with words. You just gave a small nod and she immediately closed the gap.

You both stood stayed still as she brought her hand up to your cheek. Her touch was as light as a feather. Making you long from the warmth that she gave off. Her lips lingered on yours for a few more seconds. The moment felt like it lasted forever yet ended too soon at the same time. You both didn't open your eyes for what seemed like a long time. Almost as if both of you were scared the other would be gone when you opened your eyes. And it all would've been a dream. 

But finally, you opened your eyes and so did the other. You both let out relieved breaths that neither of you knew you were holding in until now. The blonde let out a light chuckle and you followed suit. "And here I thought I was the timid one," you teased and Brie smiled. 

She shrugged. "Pretty girls do that to you sometimes," she replied and you smiled as well. She pulled her hand away, but you couldn't be disappointed for long as she had placed it on your thigh soon after. Though this time her touch was more firm. As she was sure you wouldn't disappear now. 

"What do you say we end the night on the top of the Farris Wheel?" She suggested. You grinned and nodded at her. "I would love that."